Tarot of the Holy Light

Nemia

Yes, I'm really fascinated and overwhelmed by it. I have the Kindle version of the book but didn't finish it yet. I trimmed the deck and edged it in silver. It looks a beauty and I like looking at it. I still didn't read with it! Isn't that stupid of me? I should do at least a deck interview, shouldn't I? Well, that's my project for the weekend now.

I'm glad I bought it, though. And let's see whether it's possible to use it for intuitive reading.

Anise

I saw your deck in the trimming thread. It looks great like that! I was tempted to get them to try intuitively, and it's a good deal price-wise, but I kept putting it off, imagining I would just flip through it then shelf them for future study. Hopefully your interview goes well and you click with it!

Nemia

An okay deck interview, not brilliant but some insights. The deck and I didn't click though. The cards are muddled and suffer from visual overload. They look beautiful when I just look at them... but there is too much going on. They also told me that I have to learn a whole lot to understand them and I know that. The LWB is nearly useless, it rehashes for some cards RWS meanings that don't always gel with the images, and sometimes (especially for the court cards) a totally new concept.

I'm so used to the Thoth decans that I find her system a bit confusing. It seems I'll have to read the book. I must say though that the book, much as I waited for it, put me off a number of times with declarations like "there is only one way to explain this..." (quoted from memory) when there were obviously quite a number of possible explanations. It made me mistrust the author and I gave up after a while.

But at least I made a start with the deck. I'll keep the deck next to me on my work desk and continue to use it over the next week.

I love the alchemical prints and the bright, strong colours. And one card made real sense, at least its meaning, if not the depiction.

I wonder who reads over time successfully with the deck?

Nemia

After struggling with the deck, and the book whose apodictive tone made me stumble again and again..., I decided to let it go.

It doesn't happen often to me that I don't finish a book, usually I plod on until the connection happens. Especially tarot books! I carry it on my Kindle together with so many other books and a whole tarot library, but somehow I can't get into it.

I have the Alchemy Museum book and enjoy its images so much.

And it's even rarer (more rare??) for me to let a tarot deck go. I'm the "it might be good for something"-squirrel-awayer.

But whenever I read with this deck, it told me to go away and leave it alone. I trimmed it, I edged it, I made a crochet bag for it and kept it next to my bed in my nice tarot box. It didn't help. It left me cold, and I left the deck cold, too.

So that's the end of my effort to find a way to work with this beautiful, interesting deck. I'm sure others are more successful.