Pros and Cons Thread Enabling+De-enabling

Asbestos Mango

The KING of Cups in Robert Wang's Golden Dawn Tarot will bring you a tasty crab. Already steamed, too.
Yes, but that deck doesn't really appeal to me. I want to know about the Golden Dawn Magical Tarot

gregory

You'll have to make to with the Prince - but he has a nice lobster on the table ready for you - will that do ?

Attachments

• prince cups.jpg
    prince cups.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 218

GoldenWolf

New Mythic tarot

Thanks LeFanu and Gregory. I will look for that other thread and show him the two sets of scans on here. While we often like the same decks, our tastes are different enough that I will just let him decide for himself.

Asbestos Mango

You'll have to make to with the Prince - but he has a nice lobster on the table ready for you - will that do ?

Er, that looks more like a scorpion than a lobster. And it doesn't look properly cooked.

kalliope

I have been wondering about the Pixie commemorative set. Looking forward to true pro/con opinions.

Hi Carla,
Bhavana had some good points about the Pixie/PCS commemorative set, particularly about that silly organza bag. But Cassandra022 asked the about the set earlier in the thread, and I just wanted to make sure you saw the responses she got!

Alta's response

My response

herself's response

greatdane

Hey Carla and my two cents re the Pamela

The pros for me regarding the Pamela Commemorative deck itself, all pros. I love this deck, including the backs and the cardstock. It's my go to deck.

The cons are to do with the set, not the deck. The bag....well, that's pretty much been covered. What were they thinking? I have two sets actually. I love the artwork and plan on using it for something, framing, under glass on a table, something. Love all the prints included. The Pictorial Key, well, I see why they included it in the set, but I don't really use it, so not a plus or minus for me.

Spark-san

Silicon Dawn and Llewellyn

The Tarot of the Silicon Dawn and the Llewellyn Tarot decks have both been on my wishlist for a while..thoughts on these?
The one notable con that I can think of for the SD is all those extra cards. I wonder if those would throw me off too much during a reading..

Carla

Hi Carla,
Bhavana had some good points about the Pixie/PCS commemorative set, particularly about that silly organza bag. But Cassandra022 asked the about the set earlier in the thread, and I just wanted to make sure you saw the responses she got!

Alta's response

My response

herself's response

Thanks for those! As I'm more interested in the deck than the set, I think I will give it a miss.

Le Fanu

The Tarot of the Silicon Dawn and the Llewellyn Tarot decks have both been on my wishlist for a while..thoughts on these?
The one notable con that I can think of for the SD is all those extra cards. I wonder if those would throw me off too much during a reading..
Llewellyn;

Pros; lovely watercolours, misty, atmospheric mountain scenes. Of all the RWS clones, this is actually one of my favourites. I much prefer this to the DruidCraft. It has substance and feels elegant and cosy.

Cons; some say the Minors are too sketchy and that there's a discrepancy between the Majors and Minors, but I don't mind this. Some people don't like the brownish borders either (again, I don't mind them).

Hemera

Bruegel

I´m *this* close to ordering the Bruegel Tarot (LoS). I love the down to earth images and colors. I will go to the de-enabling thread as well -and come to think of it maybe I shouldn´t have posted to this thread at all. :p