2012 Edition Victorian Romantic

swedishfish612

I wasn't even looking for it! I went to the Baba site in search of a good bag for my newly acquired Druid Craft deck, and happened across the Victorian Romantic. I did a double take because I didn't realize it was being re-released. Normally I would think about it, but for some reason I just jumped right in and bought the bundle. It wasn't until later that I realized how lucky I was to be in the right place at the right time.

Funny enough that in the excitement, I forgot to look for a bag for Druid Craft! lol

baba-prague

So this is a small print run deck? Is that why the limited releases?
Or are you releasing in small amounts to avoid a rush?

I tried to order a set but it was when the site crashed

We release in batches of about 250 (we spread that over two lots yesterday) so that we can keep on top of orders. When that many orders come in over just one day there is more work than you can imagine to get them all sorted. We have orders that have been duplicated by accident, orders that people need to edit or cancel, unpaid orders that we need to chase and a whole heap of other things. It's about a week's hard work to sort it all out, print out everything and make sure it's all accurate.

So the only thing that works is these releases in batches. The next one, which will be more complicated because it will involve separate decks as well as bundles, will be in August. Then maybe one more in September and after that, we will be too close to launch for pre-orders.

It feels like planning a major organisational feat at times!

Oh, and there is no bag for the mini deck this time. But we may do a LE print or two on small bags if there is a lot of demand (many people have asked).

missy

Victorian Romantic

I got one too, in a lucky happenstance. :D I got the spreadcloth, the companion book, and a Limited Edition tarot bag. I chose the Devil. Does anyone know if Baba Studios is doing a Limited Edition Moon bag for the Victorian Romantic?

Bat Chicken

Baba - I didn't order a bag because I have a spare from the 1st ed, but if there was a new LE bag for the mini specifically, I'd be all over it!

Aerin

Baba - I didn't order a bag because I have a spare from the 1st ed, but if there was a new LE bag for the mini specifically, I'd be all over it!

Me too <3 as in "little bag".

I pressed everything in a frantic hurry and got my bundle with the second batch - sheer chance that I was there, I missed the first lot as I was at work. Managed to pay too!

Really looking forward to it.

Le Fanu

As there are none in stock now, the price seems to have disappeared.

All I know is that the bag is 17 euros instead of 21 euros. What is the price breakdown of everything else? And how much is the new book going to be? (The spreadcloth price was mentioned a few pages back...)

I can't find anything else on the site except references to the 1st edition VR. I'd heard there was a book going to be available too.

Weird as I normally know all these things but feel particularly inept with this release...

Oh and where can I see pictures of all the bags? I'm starting to feel that everything is being hidden from me. *sob*

Tibor

The companion book was 12.50, the LE bag was 17.00. Cant remember the spread cloth but the bundle itself (without all the extras) was 44.50. :)

Alta

The spread cloth is 22 euros.

gregory

My email said:

Optional extras - at great pre-order discounts!
Limited edition Victorian Romantic bags will be 17 Euros with these bundles (normal price 21 Euros).*
The Companion Book will be offered at 12.5 Euros (normal price 16.5 Euros).*
Printed satin and pure silk "Temperance or Temptation?" reversible spread cloth, designed specially for the mini deck, will be 22 Euros with these bundles (normal price 30 Euros).*

How different will the book be ?

Le Fanu

where did people actually get to choose the bags from? If I saw a pic of the book, I'd have a sense of whether it looks different or not...