2012 Edition Victorian Romantic

RunningWild

I was gifted this deck for the holidays and it arrived on the 24th (only roughly two weeks after being ordered). I must say I really like the images that were chosen. Even though it's the full-sized deck, it's not difficult to shuffle. The card stock seems thinner than my BBC deck but that may just be because it's so new and I've used the cats deck quite a bit.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to use the extra Lovers card for? I've thought about including it, maybe having one of them mean more or less 'options' and the other more for 'love'. I hate having to choose which card stays and which one goes :laugh:

ETA: I like this deck but I haven't grown to love it quite yet. It's so new and the excitement of having a new deck in my hands hasn't worn off yet to fully appreciate it.

Cocobird55

I keep both Lovers cards in the deck. The sweet one symbolizes love that is more platonic. The new one symbolizes an intense love that is sexual.

Enjoy the deck -- it's my very favorite.

rwcarter

In the "packaging is everything" department, I would've bet money that most, if not all, the images in the 2012 version were much lighter than those in the original version. But I did a side by side comparison of the Majors the other day and any such lightening of the images is unnoticeable to my eye. I guess my sense of the original version being much darker is due to the images on the box and book lending a heaviness and darkness to the deck that isn't there with the much lighter images used in the 2012 version.

The old saying that "you can't judge a book by its cover" is definitely true! :D

RunningWild

I could only do image comparison with their online images. I thought their images seemed lighter in color than the 2nd edition I just received. But that may be the result of their scans and my own personal lighting situation.

On an unrelated note:

I went through what Baba Prague had for images of this deck and compared them to the 2nd Edition. Sixteen cards have been changed to completely different images (3 Majors, 10 Minors, and 3 Court cards). And four have had minor image adjustments (shifts to the left or the right, perspective adjustments or additions/subtraction of elements from the picture).

Further, I think I could develop envy of those folks who have the Gold Edition extra Lovers card. :laugh:

ETA: Sorry, I have too much time on my hands. :D

Terrapin

I'm still waiting for the regular size VR deck to arrive. I ordered it in August. Is anyone else still waiting? I've e-mailed MRP twice now, once via their website and once via the e-mail address that was sent out last spring that would notify them of an interest to being on their e-mail list. I don't do Facebook and don't feel that a company with an active web page should require that I contact them via a social media site rather than their business address just to get a reply. I've gotten no reply whatsoever.

It could be lost in the mail, but I'd at least like confirmation that "yes" it was sent or at least, "we don't know what you are talking about."

olivia1

I ordered the standard size version of this deck on Sept 18. It was accepted in CZECH REPUBLIC on Nov 29 and I received it on december 24th. But (to me at least!) it was worth the wait since the deck exceeded my expectations. I love this deck and i am so glad I bought it. I think the golden gilted edges are pretty but they get beaten up because i lace shuffle. But i dont know how else to shuffle. I cant riffle shuffle this deck. any ideas? So far all i can think of is to lace shuffle very very carefully. which takes time but oh well i guess...i would love a faster way to shuffle but if thats the only way then thats ok too

gregory

I'm still waiting for the regular size VR deck to arrive. I ordered it in August. Is anyone else still waiting? I've e-mailed MRP twice now, once via their website and once via the e-mail address that was sent out last spring that would notify them of an interest to being on their e-mail list. I don't do Facebook and don't feel that a company with an active web page should require that I contact them via a social media site rather than their business address just to get a reply. I've gotten no reply whatsoever.

It could be lost in the mail, but I'd at least like confirmation that "yes" it was sent or at least, "we don't know what you are talking about."

Email from the link on Karen's profile here ?

Terrapin

Email from the link on Karen's profile here ?

Thank you gregory. I've sent them another e-mail from their AT profile info. Their PM file is full and won't accept anymore messages. Don't think they have time for AT at this point. We'll see. I know that sometimes there is a huge customs delay in gettting stuff shipped from Europe to the States. Maybe that's it.

gregory

Thank you gregory. I've sent them another e-mail from their AT profile info. Their PM file is full and won't accept anymore messages. Don't think they have time for AT at this point. We'll see. I know that sometimes there is a huge customs delay in gettting stuff shipped from Europe to the States. Maybe that's it.

They claimed recently that they have left AT for ever but will still read emails....

Le Fanu

Have you checked the status of your account? It should say "order completed" and "shipped."