2012 Edition Victorian Romantic

ladybird

I'm still waiting for the regular size VR deck to arrive. I ordered it in August. Is anyone else still waiting? I've e-mailed MRP twice now, once via their website and once via the e-mail address that was sent out last spring that would notify them of an interest to being on their e-mail list. I don't do Facebook and don't feel that a company with an active web page should require that I contact them via a social media site rather than their business address just to get a reply. I've gotten no reply whatsoever.

It could be lost in the mail, but I'd at least like confirmation that "yes" it was sent or at least, "we don't know what you are talking about."

Terrapin, I've had issues getting through to them via email as well. I had to ask them on their facebook page if they were getting any of my emails and they said they didn't get them. It sounds like they were having difficulty getting all their emails and that it was possibly an issue with their server (they were going to work on that). They told me to just keep emailing them. It was a bit frustrating but that's what I did and they eventually got back to me. So my suggestion to you would be to keep emailing them, I believe they have excellent customer service when they do get your email. :) I have 3 different emails for them, I used all of them so if you haven't heard back from them at this point, PM me and I'll give you those emails. I'm not sure if I can post them here or not.

Terrapin

Thank you ladybird, Le Fanu and gregory. Your help is much appreciated. Regretfully, I don't think I created an account with them at the time of my purchase, ie, no sign on, password, etc. I just ordered it, period. So I don't think it's possible to track my order.

ladybird, I will keep your offer of e-mails in mind. I'm going to do as you suggested and e-mail them frequently, but I will get in touch with you if I need to.

All that I've read of Baba here at AT suggests they are a great company to deal with, so that makes me feel better. You fellow AT-ers are terrific. Thanks!

gregory

I'm sure you will get it in the end. How did you pay - any way to track through paypal or credit card ? Where are you, geographically ? (I only know a retirement home in the UK by the name of your given location }))

ETA Karen says she emailed someone from here the other day - check your spam ?

Wee_Gypsy

I received my Victorian Romantic 2012 edition in the last couple days.
This was my first time owning it ever, or even seeing it 'in the flesh.'

I am absolutly in LOVE with it, and have a hunch I am going to continue to be a customer of Baba Studios from here on out :). I dont know what took me so long, I regret not getting it sooner.

It's a lovely deck, the images puts you right in the mid-late 1800s with the art on the cards or how I may imagine it, anyways. I feel as I am there, the art draws me in.

I have always loved that particular period in history (in the art world and otherwise)-with the orante designs, art nouveo, rococco, and highly decorative, over the the top with fancy feel about the victorian period . Karen captures that idea with in the deck, down to every last detail, not just with in the card's illustrations, but also the golden gilded edges, Also with lacey gold and rich blue backs, as mansion would have had on their wallpaper, or curtains at the time.

Pleasing to the eye, and a top quality crafted deck too (cardstock, packaing ect)

All in all an amazing deck, I highly recommend it to any tarot collector, or art lover, or anyone on the forum :D

a*weaver

Ahhhh, I finally get it...

Now that I've got my hands on a MRP deck for the first time I see why people are such die-hard fans.

The VR is pure magic from the get-go, no warming up required. I'm in looooooove!

My only regret now is that I'm coming to the party late and the Baba decks are OOP. I suppose this is where the treasure hunt begins :)

RunningWild

Now that I've got my hands on a MRP deck for the first time I see why people are such die-hard fans.

The VR is pure magic from the get-go, no warming up required. I'm in looooooove!

My only regret now is that I'm coming to the party late and the Baba decks are OOP. I suppose this is where the treasure hunt begins :)

They really are very nice decks. And never fear. I think the Baroque Bohemian Cats is still available and many (including me) are hoping they reprint the Bohemian Gothic. Plus, they might just finally finish the Alice deck they've been working on for so long.

a*weaver

Yes, I've got my eyes on Alice. I suppose it was my anticipation of that deck that nudged me to go ahead and check out the Victorian Romantic.

Is there much sincere talk of a Bohemian Gothic reprint?

RunningWild

Yes, I've got my eyes on Alice. I suppose it was my anticipation of that deck that nudged me to go ahead and check out the Victorian Romantic.

Is there much sincere talk of a Bohemian Gothic reprint?

One can always hope. Especially in my case because I refuse to pay collector's prices for a deck no matter how nice it looks.

Juliana

I can totally relate. I was thoroughly uninterested in the Victorian Romantic. Didn't want it at all. Then I finally found a good deal on a Bohemian Gothic 2nd edition (a deck I've dreamt of owning for quite some time). After I held that deck in my hand, I suddenly had to have the Victorian Romantic. I'm so glad that it is still available at the moment! I'm waiting (not so patiently) for the postman to deliver it. And now I'm considering the Baroque Cats one too. The MRP decks are just so beautiful. I can't even put my finger on why. But after my first deck by them, my other mass market decks just lost their luster.

a*weaver

And now I'm considering the Baroque Cats one too. The MRP decks are just so beautiful. I can't even put my finger on why. But after my first deck by them, my other mass market decks just lost their luster.

Ha! Yes, that says it all right there. I never understood the popularity of that deck... now I'm like, 'I probably need that one...'