Witches Tarot by Dugan & Evans Review

Tibor

Interesting :) LOL

Le Fanu

I saw this but refrained from reading it.

Nothing quite kills a deck for me than knowing it's full of family and friends, who is who and "my son is..." blah blah blah (and I have the deck on the way so don't want to scupper it before I'm started)...

(Only Bea Nettles' Mountain Dream is exempt from this! :D )

Tibor

I saw this but refrained from reading it.

Nothing quite kills a deck for me than knowing it's full of family and friends, who is who and "my son is..." blah blah blah (and I have the deck on the way so don't want to scupper it before I'm started)...

(Only Bea Nettles' Mountain Dream is exempt from this! :D )

Actually she does have a handsome husband :) LOL

PS: and Kyle (Knight of Swords) is yummy too :) LOL

(Moderators please feel free to remove this post if's too saucy) LOL :)

Well to counteract my craving for this deck I got out my Pictorial Key Tarot and it was the perfect medicine for me as it has all the positives that this deck lacks in so I no longer crave for this deck :) LOL

Eeviee

Fyi

For those interested, I thought I would let you know that I have completed Updated and Revised my former review.

Most has remained the same, with a bit of a perspective change, but a good portion has been expanded upon.

Winterchild

Plastic Surgery

Actually she does have a handsome husband :) LOL

PS: and Kyle (Knight of Swords) is yummy too :) LOL

(Moderators please feel free to remove this post if's too saucy) LOL :)

Well to counteract my craving for this deck I got out my Pictorial Key Tarot and it was the perfect medicine for me as it has all the positives that this deck lacks in so I no longer crave for this deck :) LOL

Ok I just looked again.... ok Tibor I looked at some of the faces... .... I want to like this deck, I love a couple of the cards, until I see them close up.... and they all look like bad plastic surgery... I dont like the shine... on the body parts and faces.... I don't think I could look at them for long... shame as some of the cards are cool.. be even better borderless!

Runs to commune with non plastic faced touchstone :)

ETA... He is an excellent artist....I found some of his non CGI work online... I like the work he did for Game of Thrones too..... I read an interview with him and he says how digital work is so much faster and cheaper. Looks to be the the norm these days. I guess we must treasure the old hand drawn and painted decks... there may not be many more.

Tibor

I do not mind the plastic look. Actually I just checked the price of the deck on Amazon UK and miraculously it's been reduced in price (the same thing happened on Bookdepository I suppose they are not selling that well??) so I pre-ordered it. I may have to wait till October to receive it but that's fine cos I will not be charged until it is actually available so it's OK :)

BelovedK

I just have to chime in here, I really liked a lot of this deck, I have just started looking through it, I just got it the other day. I absolutely loved some cards but some of the other cards, particularly some of the faces and hair just bothered me. Maybe it is just me, but in some of the cards, the faces and hair looked modern and the dress was from another era. It looked more like dress-up to me. This wasn't in all of the cards, just some. Some of the facial expressions bothered me as well.

That being said, I really am glad I have the deck. While I may not use it for my main reading deck, I will still play around with it as much of it is lovely.

blackrainbow

I just recieved my copy. Got a busy day today so won't have much time with them.