Bohemian Gothic...if there IS another...

karen0205

I'm not sure how the images would translate to the mini size. The images are darker
and might just be too dark to shrink them down. I love the 2nd edition. I would be
happy if they would just reprint that one. Same card stock, etc.
I don't care so much about the hard outer box as much as the cards. The hard boxes
ARE nice but in the scheme of things, I would rather a deck that didn't have printing
problems and a less fancy box. The box is secondary in my opinion. They seem
to have nothing but printer issues which is a shame. Their headaches with the damaged
cards, etc. have probably added to their lack of interest in doing any more tarot.
Can't say that I blame them. If the decks had gone super smooth, it might have
been a pleasant experience which would lead to more decks but with the headaches,
I am not sure I would want to deal with another project either. If they
were going to print the Boho Gothic in mini, it might require lightening up the images
a bit so the details don't get lost. I would like a mini if they ever did decide to print one.
It's one of my favorite decks so it would be nice to have one to take with that isn't
a regular size deck.
Do people use the mini decks? How have they been received so far? I still grab the
larger size.

Bluefeet

A revised companion book would be great, I'm also interested in more BG LE bags. :D

greatdane

I hear you, EnchantedShadow and Karen0205!

A companion book would be nice. I think you're right, Karen, a small pocket size wouldn't show the images off to best advantage, but I would like even a little smaller edition purely because of the shuffling. I would happily pay extra for the regular big size and one even a bit smaller. Love the visual on the big, but my hands can shuffle a smaller deck easier. I agree with the box, no printing problems would be more important to me (I, unfortunately, got three of the decks that had a lot of printing problems, and I sold or traded all of them. My best tarot friend gave me a copy for Christmas that was brand new and as perfect as any of them got :))) and I love it). I can understand with the all the headaches involved with the last BG, Baba might not want to jump onboard that train again. I wouldn't blame them.

RunningWild

My experience so far is that yes, the mini decks get used. I know I would, but I'd also have the larger deck to read from and memorize. I have the BBC standard and mini and i carry the mini with me everywhere. I know the deck so well that the size doesn't bother me. I know, those images are brighter, I understand, but I didn't know what I had been missing until I had the standard BBC, too.

Juliana

Oh, I guess I would maybe change the cardstock from the 2nd edition. I have a hard time putting my finger on it, but there is something about the cardstock that I think could be better.

agviz

I don't have the Bohemian Gothic, so I would be very happy to see a new release. I have other MRP decks and love them. So here's hoping...

JenWt43

My experience so far is that yes, the mini decks get used. I know I would, but I'd also have the larger deck to read from and memorize. I have the BBC standard and mini and i carry the mini with me everywhere. I know the deck so well that the size doesn't bother me. I know, those images are brighter, I understand, but I didn't know what I had been missing until I had the standard BBC, too.

Yes, I also use my BB Cats mini. I don't have the VR mini, but if I did, I would use it too! Even with my eyesight being whst it is. Maybe you do have to have the larger also, to get to know the images well. But once you recognize them, the mini seems to work well, to me.

greatdane

Keeping within the topic of the thread, IF there is another, would you buy a mini copy of the last edition or a new edition? I would be happy with a mini of the last one. May Karen and Alex would consider just doing a mini of the second edition or even the first, although I don't know if that is feasible. I just know I would buy one :)

Juliana

I would buy a mini if they made one. I'm not big on mini decks, but the BG deck just fits my personality so well that I would gladly buy a mini of it. Of course I would prefer a full-size too.

LadyDeborah

I would buy a mini deck, but like others have pointed out, I'm not certain the images could be made smaller. Other decks have managed, so I would guess there must be a way. I do like mini decks. I find them convenient to get out in a hurry and I think they have a charm all their own. Also, if you want to carry them with you, it's so nice not to have the added weight of a normal deck. I will buy almost any deck I like in a mini version.