Which tarot deck was the most disappointing buy?

flyingwind66

I Both the Ten of Swords and the Hanged Man make or break a deck for me because of Reasons, and if I can't connect with either of them I find it almost impossible to connect to the deck as a whole. (Although there occasional exceptions.)

Omg! I have a similar 'quirk' like I always need to connect with the imagery on the 2 of cups an/or the 9 of swords and, like you, there are rare exceptions!

I have to say I was disappointed that I didn't quite connect well with the Deviant Moon so gave it away but I can really see myself buying that again.

I forgot another deck I was disappointed with... Shapeshifter! Beautiful artwork but what was the point of adding majors and switching the meanings of the Kings and Queens in the court cards?? Needlessly confusing! The energy is more of a yin and yang rather than an actually masculine and feminine so switching them is pointless to me... switching the genders of cards like the Magician, the Hanged Man, Temperance etc. is just fine... switching genders of cards like the Emporer and the Empress but have them mean the unswitched gender meaning is just stupidly complicated for NO REASON!!! this is the Queen of Swords but she's actually the King of Swords and you should read her like that. Honestly the more I studied the deck the less I could read with it.

Rose69

im sure this been mention before but the shadowscapes tarot. I cant see the fine details. and couldnt connect with the deck at all. I figured out i dont like brightly colored decks.

lupercalia

For me it's the Haindl Tarot, 100%. It was actually my first tarot deck, and from the moment I took it out of its box I felt deeply uncomfortable. It just felt wrong on some subtle, awful level - a little alien geometry, a lot of 'this is something unclean'.

I still have it, mostly out of sheer stubbornness, since I couldn't actually name what's wrong with it. Inoffensive, really, if appropriative. Still, every time I think 'oh, maybe now it will be fine' and try it again, I end up shoving it back in the box and to the back of the shelf where I don't even have to look at it. Aurgh.