Pros and Cons Thread #2 - Enabling and De-Enabling

zhadee

New Orleans Voodoo Tarot Vs. African-Brazilian Tarot

I have this one. Awesome artwork and very user friendly sized cards!

I have to agree, it is a strong set of cards you both are suggesting.
But would put me in the same dilemma - how to read them without a voodoo background?

Trouble with the african-brazilian are the minors. Some are easy to read, but some look like they were part of a ritual. Those - frankly spoken - don't tell me a thing.

magpie9

The book gives lots of background .. it makes it all very understandable.

DaughterOfDanu

Tarot of Trees

I have been considering this deck as a birthday present this month for myself. It's reasonably priced and small sized decks have a very special place in my heart.

I've been concerned it's a bit "cheesy" stretching the RWS interpretations of tarot to fit anthropomorphic-esque trees, but the beautiful colors are very tempting. Some of the cards I've seen are fantastic both in art and the scene/interpretation, while others not so much.

So I need a little nudge. Enable me? :p

rylla

Tarot of Trees

It is a beautiful and friendly deck. I love the art and how many thoughts have gone into making it and adapting it to the tarot concept. It follows the RWS as much as it can I suppose :)

G6

Tarot of the Trees 👍🏼

Great deck. Some people write it off as whimsical, but I've found it to be very insightful. The size of the cards and artwork are both excellent.

FLizarraga

Tarot of Trees

I'll be the devil's advocate here. I have it, and admire the gorgeous, gorgeous art. But I need faces and human figures, so can't really read with it. If you can work with that, get it; otherwise, don't bother.

Dark Victory '39

trees

I'm w/ you Fliz. I never found this a great reader either. I wanted to like it as i really liked the concept of it so much. I dont know if it was missing out on facial features, as some decks that i really love are less peopled, but when i did use it i ended up rarely straying from my preconceived meanings and as a result my readings were kind of static.

Victoria's Finest

Tarot of Trees

This is one that I have on my list so I'm glad to read some opinions here. I love the art/concept as well and was wondering what people's experiences with it have been like. When I first saw this deck I was into the art but wasn't so sure about reading with it. Then I started thinking I could let my mind roam and see where it leads me. Hmm...

DaughterOfDanu

Tarot of Trees

I'm going to take a chance and have ordered a copy :) Though I'll have to wait till late March to open it as it's a birthday gift :p

maybelle

The World Spirit Tarot???

I saw the images of the cards and I was like WOW, they look so vibrant and colorful! But then Amazon said it was rare...until I saw someone post a link where it was for sale (http://hardestworkingwomaninshowbusiness.com/tarot/)! Since then I cannot put the deck out of my mind. But then, the main problem is money! It might cost too much to ship to my country, and I don't even know if I'm going to use it regularly :( So, can someone give me an idea of:

1.) how the big the cards are
2.) how they feel
3.) how well they shuffle

especially with regards with this edition of the deck? But then older editions are fine too, just tell how you connected + read with the cards. Thanks!