Pros and Cons Thread #2 - Enabling and De-Enabling

FaintlyMacabre

I happen to have the Spanish version, and both the deck and the book are indeed in Spanish. Maybe you saw an English version in a Spanish box. They seem identical, packaging and all, except for titles and text.

I can't tell if it's still available because I haven't looked, but I got my set for about $15 shipped.

I went back and checked eBay more thoroughly (closed auctions). I don't think they are Spanish boxes because there were 3 of the yellow sets ranging from $10.50 to around $36-38. One that was sealed brought $26. They all looked fine. The one had an organza bag - maybe they all did. The cards and book inside were black and were in English.

There was one set like mine (black mini kit) and it brought 24-26. It was in nice shape too.

It appears you could get a nice set pretty reasonably. The coloring books were there too. I wonder if she redid any cards for that. You know, I didn't notice any in the "sold" but maybe I wasn't looking right.

Diana

maybelle

Thanks everyone! I guess I'll wait until the people in *that* thread that was link get theirs. Until then, I'll be saving up for it :)

gregory

Gregory, it's the setting-- no-pants man watching children at play.

eta: see below. some people also dislike the knife in this context
Oh. Can't say it's ever bothered me, especially the knife (given that it is clearly just one of the four things) - but I suppose...

HallowedNight

The Wooden Tarot

I'm not sure if I need enabling or de-enabling, but I just wanted some opinions of this deck! I really like the abstract imagery and the beautiful art, but...I really shouldn't but another deck at the moment. :p

Does anyone have this deck or know anything about the cardstock and how they shuffle? (I'm not so great with slick finished cards, and wondered if these were more matte than, say, the Cosmos by Light Grey or the Prisma Visions.)

Sphynx131

I'm not sure if I need enabling or de-enabling, but I just wanted some opinions of this deck! I really like the abstract imagery and the beautiful art, but...I really shouldn't but another deck at the moment. :p

Does anyone have this deck or know anything about the cardstock and how they shuffle? (I'm not so great with slick finished cards, and wondered if these were more matte than, say, the Cosmos by Light Grey or the Prisma Visions.)

I just ordered this deck last week so I can't say first hand about the card stock, but someone on another thread said it's really nice. Not trying to enable or anything ha ha [emoji57]

HallowedNight

I just ordered this deck last week so I can't say first hand about the card stock, but someone on another thread said it's really nice. Not trying to enable or anything ha ha [emoji57]

I'm feeling a little enabled.. :D All the self-published decks I have have great cardstock, so I'm optimistic! I hope your like yours, tell us how it is when you get it! :)

Michellehihi

I have it and it gives me so much joy! It is very much intuitive, there is no LWB and no companion book, and the artist's website doesn't give meanings of cards. So you have to figure it or by yourself. And I love that, I love that I am not taken by the hand. I have to walk my own path.
The cards are nice to shuffle, more matte than shiny. I note important differences in the background colour for all the cards, is it meant to be? Maybe the artist wanted to imitate wood with lots of different essences. Or maybe there is a link between cards of same colours! Interesting! All the aces are lilac, this I noted.

feynrir

[...] I note important differences in the background colour for all the cards, is it meant to be? Maybe the artist wanted to imitate wood with lots of different essences. Or maybe there is a link between cards of same colours! Interesting! All the aces are lilac, this I noted.

The artist paints his tarot and oracle work on actual wood. :) It's part of his signature style.

I haven't read with this one, but it's called to me in the past! I do have the Earthbound Oracle by the same artist and I really love that one, it might be my favorite oracle.

kazandoryu

The Alchemical Tarot, Thorsons Edition

I was browsing for red-backed decks on the Internet when I came across this one. Now I can't get it out of my head. It's beautiful, yes, but the price is exorbitant for this type of deck IMHO. Please put me out of my misery. Thanks!

HallowedNight

I have it and it gives me so much joy! It is very much intuitive, there is no LWB and no companion book, and the artist's website doesn't give meanings of cards. So you have to figure it or by yourself. And I love that, I love that I am not taken by the hand. I have to walk my own path.
The cards are nice to shuffle, more matte than shiny. I note important differences in the background colour for all the cards, is it meant to be? Maybe the artist wanted to imitate wood with lots of different essences. Or maybe there is a link between cards of same colours! Interesting! All the aces are lilac, this I noted.

I noticed those differences on the website but wasn't sure if it was just the scanning or something; I'm so glad it's not! That would be so so so interesting to examine... The more people talk about this deck, the more I want it! Thank you! 😄

The artist paints his tarot and oracle work on actual wood. :) It's part of his signature style.

I haven't read with this one, but it's called to me in the past! I do have the Earthbound Oracle by the same artist and I really love that one, it might be my favorite oracle.

I had no idea they were originally painted on wood, that's so amazing... *sigh* Well, I think I've been thoroughly enabled. Now I've got to get my hands on one of these! Thanks so much guys!