Beautiful Creatures Tarot!

Miss Divine

I'm finding this deck has a youthful energy. The meanings Rivera attaches to the cards are very RWS, other than the court changes. And even with those, there is a similar feel. I do like the fact that except for the Nymphs/Pages, he has taken rank out of the equation and you can easily link the courts with either gender.

You need the guidebook in order to understand why certain images were chosen as, with the portrait style artwork, the meanings are not always readily apparent.

This is a deck that requires some time working with and using the book. You also have to be willing to take the journey into the little stories given for each card.

My life is a bit challenging at the moment. Beautiful Creatures is a comforting and friendly deck. It's upfront, too, but the cuteness of the imagery brings light and humor to the more challenging cards.

Overall, I am enjoying the deck. I'm not sure yet whether or not it would be one I'd reach for if I were looking for a more serious or deep reading. But it's too early to tell. I think the deck deserves more time before I can make that statement.

You make it sound perfect for a 15 yr. old. ;) You have just enabled me to go ahead and purchase it for her, even though I wasn't planning on it anymore.

Miss Divine

I need more time with it. The nymphs gave me such a turn, I'm still thinking ! I think I like it, but... The huge eyes don't bother me. I thought they might, but no.

I'm going to go ahead and purchase it for my daughter. She adores the huge eyes, (so do I honestly) but for some reason I don't think it's for me. Ofcourse I will ''borrow'' it from her, I wanna see what this deck is like, and the author's writing style.

Owl Song

You make it sound perfect for a 15 yr. old. ;) You have just enabled me to go ahead and purchase it for her, even though I wasn't planning on it anymore.

I hope she enjoys it. I think it would be a great deck for a 15 year old, especially if she likes Jasmine Beckett-Griffith's art work.

It's been cheering me up!

Mistteak

The artwork is lovely

The artwork is lovely, but for me I won't buy it. I am sorry but they appear a little creepy to me .. It reminds me of chucky dolls. Those big heads.. out of porportion .. yes the imagery is stunning .. i just get stuck on that one feature and wham .. chuck is in my head

Miss Divine

I hope she enjoys it. I think it would be a great deck for a 15 year old, especially if she likes Jasmine Beckett-Griffith's art work.

It's been cheering me up!

It should arrive on Saturday. Yes ,she loves Jasmine's artwork. She has the Shadows and Light oracle as well. :)

Always a good thing when a deck is able to cheer us up when life gets challenging.

Achlys

The Beautiful Creatures deck has beautiful, doll-like characters and I find that it's wonderful for the reader who wants to work intuitively. However, it definitely helps to have the book handy to look at the characterizations and mini-stories about the characters to really get a feel for the cards.
The deck does change some of the traditional card names, but I think that it works with the deck rather than against it like it does with some other decks.