Doreen Virtue has moved onto Fairies

velvetina

maybe it would be in everyone's interest if Faeries moved on to Ms Doreen Virtue? ;)

Barleywine

I visited my local bookstore yesterday and there must have been six different Doreen Virtue decks there. I shuddered . . . I would think angels and faeries have better things to do.

Aeric

Doreen and Hay House's books and decks are extremely prolific in major bookstore chains in North America. In Canada, there are more DV decks in Indigo stores than there are combined variants of the Waite decks. She's cornered the mainstream market, and if you want non-Rider decks, you generally have to seek out specialty stores such as occult shops.

As for "Turro," consider that Radleigh had years of Tarot experience prior to collaborating with Doreen. I'm fairly confident that "Turro" is a deliberate marketing ploy to divert the brains of her sensitive audience away from conjuring up images of Satanism and demonic entities when they hear the proper word "Tarot."

Bear in mind that in her books, Doreen regularly decries divination techniques like crystals and runes as dark and of malevolent forces if they don't line up with her specific Angel Brand. She must do everything she can to assure her hardcore followers that what they're using is not demonic Tarot, but Doreen Virtue Angel Turro. Just pronouncing the name differently creates a contrast to pillow the senses.

Rhapsodin

She'll have to add a new factory to her current network.

reall

I happen to say ta-ROH. Or sometimes TA-roh. They both work for me. See this:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tarot

CountryMouse

yep!^^ actualy when I started I call it samething like tHaro-t?! and was surprised to hear it's usualy called tarot!;))) but guess that depends on your language background and country of origin!^^ :))) so back of a bit on D.V!^^ we all know it's to easy to joke with that!^^ ;))) but fact is her decks sell as fast as f1!^^ lolz ;))) starters luv it!^^ ;))) and costumers enjoy reading with it, messages are all nice and positive so,,,, no reson to spit on it if you don't like it!^^ there is more people who do and more decks to chose from!^^ :)))

FLizarraga

My Will Cuppy Dictionary specifies:

TAROT: Pronounced Chumley.