What's the Postman Bringing? Part 11

Dara

I splurged today. I just ordered three decks: Night Sun Tarot (very intrigued by the artwork although I hope the c.g.-ness doesn't bother me too much. This will be my darker deck for the autumn season), Tarot Mucha (because it look absolutely gorgeous and easy to read), and The Hermetic Tarot (not sure if im going to read with this deck. Just interested in studying the symbolism on each card. But who knows).

DaughterOfDanu

Treated myself to the Tarot of the Hidden Realm. I've waffled on this deck too, but figured since it's the last deck I'm even drawn to that I won't be buying any others for a while.

Barleywine

After dithering about it for a couple of years, I finally bought and just received the Connolly Tarot. I was looking for something on the cheerful and colorful side, and it certainly is. I had read all the criticisms about it, primariy that it's too "religious" and that it eschews some of the conventional Major Arcana images. For the record, unlike in the RWS, I didn't notice a single Calvary cross, just a couple of equal-armed crosses, and the cherubs seem more like artistic devices than religious statements: not offensive at all, even to a non-Christian like me. On the other hand, changing out Death and the Devil for Transition and Materialism, respectively, makes me cringe a little. It would have been nice to have two of each card, one traditional and one reimagined, if it's necessary to have a non-threatening option when reading for very young people or the squeamish.

JylliM

Every time I order a deck it's the last one for, like, ages! Then a week passes...
This time it's the Smith-Waite Centennial from book depository. Really cheap and I don't have the RWS, so I feel justified.

JylliM

And now I feel doubly justified. Browsing bd again and the price of the deck I ordered went up from $16 to $27. So, I bought it, was back browsing 2-3 hours later (!) and it had gone up in that time. I must've got the last one at that price. I am so vindicated!

thorhammer

I've got a copy of The Minute Tarot coming to me! I'm rather excited.

Also, yesterday the postie brought me new trail running shoes. I just have to shake these injuries so I can get back out there and give them a workout!

Celtictarot

I've just ordered the watcher angel tarot and guidebook, Zen lenormand and bags for the zen and witchy lennies.

FernSpirit

I`m currently waiting for Daemon Tarot, Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle, The Green Witch Tarot, The Wicca Pack, and The Animal Inspiration Oracle Deck.

I got my first tarot deck when I was about 15, and my collection of tarots and oracles then grew very slowly to 20 decks .... until last year. Don`t ask me how it happened, but since then I`ve gotten 60+ new decks!

JylliM

Fernspirit - my collection has multiplied rapidly in the last few months! How does it happen?! ;)

Expecting Froud's Faeries' Oracle sometime this week. Very pleased, as it's a trade for a tarot wrap bag I made.

chongjasmine

The postman is late in bringing me my chinese tarot.