The Raven's Prophecy Tarot

Padma

I was really looking forward to this deck, but I lost track. Now that I see the images, I know it won't be for me, sadly...Le Fanu said it all!

greatdane

Doesn't seeing it all in a vid really help tho, Padma?

I don't get many decks, and this, while interesting and lovely, won't be one I will get, but seeing it reviewed in a vid made me really "see" it. I wish there were video reviews on ALL decks. I know there are for many, but it would be GRAND to see a youtube on each deck of any kind (tarot, Lenormand, oracle) as soon as it was ready to be released.

Scarlet Woodland

Mine should be in the post in the next few days :)

I think the thing is... if you've read the books there are layers and layers of backstory and associations to pull from in each image, but otherwise you're just looking at a plant pot or a hollow tree. Must read the first books again to make sure I have the references tucked away in my brain.

Much as I'm glad to have the deck soon, I almost wish the deck release had coincided with the release of the last book. Will be a fair old wait, so just wonder how much of the imagery will be based on the last one.

Scarlet Woodland

Well, bugger... received mine in the post today, waited till the other half had gone to bed so I could really enjoy opening and going through it, poured a glass of wine and went through the cards slowly one by one, reading each book entry before moving onto the next (which I can honestly say I've never managed to do before) and... bugger.

The Nine, Ten, Page, Knight, Queen and King of Wands are all missing. Last cards in the deck so I'd got all the way through before I noticed :(

Have contacted both Llewellyn and BookDepository, just really hoping BookDepository can sort me out or it'll be like a two week wait as they come from the US. Mega bummed.

Check thy cards peeps.

ArwenNightstar

I don't get many decks, and this, while interesting and lovely, won't be one I will get, but seeing it reviewed in a vid made me really "see" it. I wish there were video reviews on ALL decks. I know there are for many, but it would be GRAND to see a youtube on each deck of any kind (tarot, Lenormand, oracle) as soon as it was ready to be released.

Ethony is good about that. I try to get mine up ASAP too. Divinatory (Beth ) is also good. Publishers can't always get the new releases to their reviewers before launch so that is part of it.

I'm trying to do some self-published decks as well. If anyone has requests, let me know. If I have it, I'll review it.

HallowedNight

You know, I've seen this deck sprinkled around and I've heard of the books (though I haven't read them), but now that I've really looked at them I find I really like them, especially the majors. I think I kept dismissing them because they looked a little sparse, but they're no sparser than the Wild Unknown (though in a much different style) and that's my favorite reading deck.

So overall I wouldn't say this is on my wishlist, but it's a hauntingly lovely deck! Maybe I'll read the series over holiday and decide I want the deck as well~

Le Fanu

The cramping borders bother me and I'm not such an accomplished trimmer though I will do it in emergencies. When will they learn that strongly coloured borders never work?

They certainly dominate what I see when I look at the cards in images.

Aeric

The deck is interesting, very simplistic. It's been compared to the Wild Unknown, but I'd point out one big difference: WU also utilizes the backgrounds of most cards. The directions of the lines as arrows, crosshatches, angles, and circles all add to the interpretation of the image. RP has only the image on black, a coloured chalk image on a blackboard. It's rather like a Tarot rebus, even more reductionist than WU.

I was immediately drawn to the Hierophant and Hermit cards and for the first time, these cards established a connection between the two for me. The Hierophant is the leader and guiding light of a group of parishioners; the Hermit is the mentor and guiding light for the lone seeker. It never occurred to me to relate the two Arcana in all my years of learning Tarot, and the simple use of a lantern depicts it beautifully.

I doubt I'll buy the deck, but it's an admirable creation.