The Raven's Prophecy Tarot

Le Fanu

You've kind of sold it to me as have the images, to be honest. I'm sure I'll end up getting it. I just love that Death card!

Scarlet Woodland

Showed a couple cards from this deck to my other half this week and for the first time, he looked at them and right off could tell me what they were saying... actually had some insights into the seven of wands that really expanded my view of the card in general.

Usually if I try to do this with him he gets a frightened bunny rabbit look about him then quickly gets grumpy because he "doesn't know what the card means"... with these he just looked and knew :)

RiverRunsDeep

I was immediately drawn to the Hierophant and Hermit cards and for the first time, these cards established a connection between the two for me. The Hierophant is the leader and guiding light of a group of parishioners; the Hermit is the mentor and guiding light for the lone seeker. It never occurred to me to relate the two Arcana in all my years of learning Tarot, and the simple use of a lantern depicts it beautifully.

I like your take on this, Aeric. I was also thinking that the Hierophant image
shows our exterior quest for knowledge (teachers, mentors, books, schools),
and the Hermit image shows our interior quest for knowledge (searching within
ourselves for answers). Simple, but powerful, depictions on those cards.

Showed a couple cards from this deck to my other half this week and for the first time, he looked at them and right off could tell me what they were saying... actually had some insights into the seven of wands that really expanded my view of the card in general.

Usually if I try to do this with him he gets a frightened bunny rabbit look about him then quickly gets grumpy because he "doesn't know what the card means"... with these he just looked and knew :)

That's another thing I like about this deck. It's difficult to put into words, but
the cards seem to strike at a visceral and intuitive level. Something "clicks",
and you have a gut feeling and an inner knowing about the message long before
your analytical mind comes into play.

Hearing this deck compared to the Wild Unknown (one of my favorites!) put me
on the fence about it. Then, Arwen's video tipped me over the edge. I am
definitely getting this!

ArwenNightstar

You've kind of sold it to me as have the images, to be honest. I'm sure I'll end up getting it. I just love that Death card!

Death and the Star are the two cards I need to be sold on in any deck. They are my touchstones. There are other cards I like but those really are the most important two for me. :D

Le Fanu

Much as I love some cards, I pull back a little (not quite clicking "buy" yet!) because of the courts. I'm not sure how well I'd be able to read them. They seem tooooo simple.

Loved Arwen's video.

RiverRunsDeep

Much as I love some cards, I pull back a little (not quite clicking "buy" yet!) because of the courts. I'm not sure how well I'd be able to read them. They seem tooooo simple.

Loved Arwen's video.

Well, not to enable you, but...:D

I think the beauty of the courts is in their simplicity, i.e. the Page of Swords.
The feather immediately brings to mind the "air" qualities of the suit, and
the single, delicate feather lets you know the Page is the "lightweight" in
these qualities, compared to the more experienced courts in the suit. Plus,
the resemblance to a quill quickly imparts the idea of communication and
messages.

I agree, the courts are the least likely of the cards to provide a multilayered
reading. But, if you are looking for cards that will deliver a concise,
sock-it-to-me, decisive kind of message, I think this would be the deck.

Serenia

Maaaaan, I want mine too! I pre-ordered the deck in May....! At least BD has dispatched my deck in the meantime, but it's still somewhere out there... :(

From the moment I discovered the card scans online, the images have been speaking to me on a deep, visceral level!

Linfang

Maaaaan, I want mine too! I pre-ordered the deck in May....! At least BD has dispatched my deck in the meantime, but it's still somewhere out there... :(

From the moment I discovered the card scans online, the images have been speaking to me on a deep, visceral level!

Haha, maaaan for me as well. Usually it only takes up to three days when BD ships to Germany, but these Ravens seem to take a detour ;) I'm quite excited, peeking at the pictures online all the time.

Come here black birds!

journeyinghome

these Ravens seem to take a detour ;)

Stopping off at the Tower of London to see their friends perhaps? :D

I'm still unsure about whether to add this to my wish list or not. Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts and opinions so far :)

Serenia

Usually it only takes up to three days when BD ships to Germany, but these Ravens seem to take a detour ;)

:bugeyed:?! I must be doing something wrong! My orders from BD usually take at least a week after dispatch to arrive! I believe the fastest package I ever received took "only" five working days - but the average is somewhere around one and a half weeks. And the slowest took two and a half weeks...

So, just how do you do that? Is there a special trick to it? I don't begrudge you getting your orders so fast - it's just that I want it too... :(

[And yes, I realize I'm getting off topic here... *falls silent and scurries off to a dark corner, glaring at BD from the shadows*...]