The De-Enabling Thread

Lee

Diana said:
Of course, there is a danger then that you will be accused of being a drug-dealer (sorry, I meant Tarot dealer).
You know, it just occurred to me that I own six different Marseilles decks. Apparently I'm addicted to them. Someone, please de-enable me from buying Marseilles decks! Perhaps I should just burn them...

-- Lee

WolfSpirit

You could keep one...but best is to burn them all of course, get rid of those addictive things once and for all. And they make such beautiful bonfires !

And why...they are ugly...and unreadable for someone used to RWS. They are traditional, and traditions must go sooner or later.

Diana

Lee said:
You know, it just occurred to me that I own six different Marseilles decks. Apparently I'm addicted to them. Someone, please de-enable me from buying Marseilles decks! Perhaps I should just burn them...

-- Lee

The Tarot gods will receive them will pleasure. A wonderful sacrifice!!!!

Lee

If we wanted to take all this to the limit, I suppose we could ask Solandia to take down the whole forum! :D :D :D

-- Lee

littlehermit

But then how would we be able to stay in touch and de-enable each other? ;)

WolfSpirit

Send smoke-signals when we burn our decks ! :laugh:

Eco74

Or we could all meet up for the ritual burning and exchange snailmail adresses.

All the money previously spent on decks will go to postage and again, the problem has been solved. ;)

littlehermit

Oh, but I can see it now... one of us chucks a deck onto the flames, and someone else shrieks "OH I'VE WANTED THAT ONE FOR YEARS!" and rescues it for their own collection, and most of the decks only get a little singed. ;)

TygrEyes

littlehermit said:
Oh, but I can see it now... one of us chucks a deck onto the flames, and someone else shrieks "OH I'VE WANTED THAT ONE FOR YEARS!" and rescues it for their own collection, and most of the decks only get a little singed. ;)

LOL - could you imagine someone throwing themselves on the pyre to follow their most beloved deck! We could put them in a Viking ship replica & have some non-tarot loving friends push it out to sea so we could watch from a safe distance.

littlehermit

TygrEyes said:
LOL - could you imagine someone throwing themselves on the pyre to follow their most beloved deck! We could put them in a Viking ship replica & have some non-tarot loving friends push it out to sea so we could watch from a safe distance.

Yes, or we'd have to set up some kind of fence to keep us far enough from the fire that we can only throw the decks in, not reach them. Maybe after the decks have burned beyond recoverability we can toast hot dogs and marshmallows on long sticks. ;)