The De-Enabling Thread

Eco74

kaylee said:

The only reason people are influencing me on this is because they keep telling me how good it is- easy to work with etc...

Oh, come now. Give yourself some credit.

You're smart enough to not have to get an "easy" deck.. Go for the challenge and reach for the stars instead of selling yourself short like this... ;)

Thordia

LOL, Yes, I like that ;)

Being a big fan of the Thoth deck- am I really going to get on well with the Robin Wood- having just had a look at the entire deck online I have to say possibly not, maybe I *should* just stick with the RWS?!

Trogon

Well... I'm afraid I find myself being forced to jump in here and save you all. None of you have seen the real danger here. The real addiction here is not with buying more and more Tarot decks!

YOU ARE ALL ADDICTED TO DE-ENABLING!!!!

De-enabling is a disease worse than liberalism! De-enabling is spreading like wildfire! Worse, it's spreading like Tarot bonfires!!! Good grief! When Diana begins condoning the burning of Marseilles decks -- things have gotten way too far out of hand!

STOP THE MADNESS NOW!!!!

Brought to you by your neighborhood DEA (De-Enablers Anonymous)

skh

kaylee said:
Being a big fan of the Thoth deck- am I really going to get on well with the Robin Wood- having just had a look at the entire deck online I have to say possibly not, maybe I *should* just stick with the RWS?!
When you have a Thoth and a Waite/Colman-Smith, you don't need another deck. Every other modern deck is a variation on the themes laid out in these decks. You might want a historical deck (not necessarily, but possibly a Tarot de Marseille) for broadening you horizon, but certainly not any of the sugar-coated Waite clones.

Sonja

Eco74

Okay... My turn.

I feel I'm about to order the Sakki-Sakki.

You have 24 hours to dissuade me or the order will be sent...

littlehermit

Re: Okay... My turn.

Eco74 said:

Make yourself a special day, sometime in the future, when you've totally gotten to know every deck you have (and/or made room for the Sakki-Sakki), and the money is not a problem, and you can welcome home the Sakki-Sakki with the ceremony it deserves.

And don't buy until that special day when all your preparations have been done.

Anything less, and you won't be able to give the deck your full attention, or glean as much from it as you could have.

Kahlie

Re: Okay... My turn.

Eco74 said:

Eco... the book that goes with the Set is not out yet.... don't you want to wait till you can get both ? ;)

Ruby7

This has been a fun thread to read!! It seems we are all in the same boat. I do have to absolutely stop buying tarot decks though. I do not need any more decks for any reason and money is very tight right now. I already have my Tarot of Prague reprint ordered and I just won the Leonardo da Vinci on E-Bay (quite silly since I only saved about $5.00--thinking it was more expensive than it is).

I am making a six month committment to buy absolutely no tarot decks or oracle decks (except that I have the BBC on order from Amazon--will take a few weeks :)).

Anyone want to join me??

Ruby7

Eco74

Re: Re: Okay... My turn.

littlehermit said:
Make yourself a special day, sometime in the future, when you've totally gotten to know every deck you have (and/or made room for the Sakki-Sakki), and the money is not a problem, and you can welcome home the Sakki-Sakki with the ceremony it deserves.

And don't buy until that special day when all your preparations have been done.

Anything less, and you won't be able to give the deck your full attention, or glean as much from it as you could have.

Well, the money really is no problem..

Do I know every deck I have totally? Well, no, but I like surprises.. ;)

Is there room for the Sakki-Sakki? Sure, I have a whole apartment for it to... Oh, you mean a special place?
I'll have to give that some thought. If I move everything but the tarotdecks out of my jewellerybox I will but then where will I keep my jewellery?
Darn... You might have me snagged on thatone...

Eco74

Re: Re: Okay... My turn.

Kahlie said:
Eco... the book that goes with the Set is not out yet....

Oh, there will be a book? I mean, ofcourse there will be a book, but when when when???

Well, that would be worth the wait, but wouldn't it also be great to get to know the deck first and then see what you missed?