What are you awaiting in the mail?

firefrost

Wow....can you share your resource wisdom with us, gregory?? You seem to know some wonderful sites and decks.

Jan :)

gregory

Moongold said:
I walked into the bookshop and purchased over the counter The Mediaeval Scapini .

It is so nice to make these spur of the moment decisions and have instant gratification :D

And, of course, I drove it home :).
That was good of you. I hear it has trouble walking.... :p

I just ordered the deck mentioned somewhere in a thread from threerabbits. Filthy cheap, at least. We shall see.... And the Simple in a trade with Kissa bless her !

gregory

Janilley said:
Wow....can you share your resource wisdom with us, gregory?? You seem to know some wonderful sites and decks.

If you are referring to the deck truelighth mentioned, it was what will now be forever known around here as a Moongold Moment. I was in a bookstore in Bruges and it screamed at me from the back of a shelf behind some strange angel cards (like, REALLY strange and unappealing). "Buy me," it said. "I am alone with all these silly travel books and dictionaries."

But it was all in Dutch. I e-mailed truelighth to see if there was one in another language - and not only isn't there but she had never come across it. What could I do but liberate it ? I can give you the name of the bookstore if you are travelling that way :p

Other than that - I just keep my eyes open here and on e-bay, amazon, Somerville and a couple of other places, not to mention Tarotgarden, of course..... })

firefrost

Thanks for that, gregory :), I do love your humour! Not heard of Somerville, must go check that out.....

How long do Tarotgarden take to deliver to the uk?

firefrost

Ah...Somerville - playingcards.com...methinks I've just about milked all the sites - do we know of any more unusual ones?

Aulruna

Demeroticon + Ronitarot

Hi truelighth,

they are two new releases from a German publisher called Arun. I'm getting their catalogue, since they publish a lot of nordic-oriented pagan/folklore stuff.

Here's their website: http://www.arun-verlag.de/

The catalogue says publication date will be March, but gives no pictures... grr... so might scratch them off the list again, but for now they are on my radar.

Cheers
Morwenna

gregory

Janilley said:
Thanks for that, gregory :), I do love your humour! Not heard of Somerville, must go check that out.....

How long do Tarotgarden take to deliver to the uk?

A whole lot less time than amazon.uk, I'm telling you.... (mine are usually a week or less.)

Somerville is in France, and also delivers fast.

ed - oops cross post.

contrascarpe

It has been quite awhile since I treated myself to a deck. Santa had two decks in Gardener's stocking this year, but all I got was coal (well, OK, I DID get a nice Mont Blanc pen from my sweetie, so no complaints here whatsoever).

I found a couple of decks on special today that I have been wanting for awhile, so picked them up. First was the Crow's Magick which I absolutely love, and also picked up the Vision Tarot which I find interesting as well - a nice take on Marseilles style.

Still have a credit at TarotGarden and now am waiting for the Kazanlar Tarot and the Intuitive Tarot. The modest collection grows .....

Dan

SunChariot

Wow, this thread that was started only 3 days ago is already 6 pp long! We sure do love our decks here and to order new ones. LOL

I am waiting for two currently. The Sacred Circle Tarot and the Rohrig Tarot.

Bar

SunChariot

MikeBloke said:
I do over some websites. Ebay I like, the feedback thing is great in deciding whether someone can be trusted. Anything over 95% positive comments I'll probably trust, I've had no problems over ebay so far.

I'm less trustful of amazon, (or amazon.co.uk in my case) I really dont like to buy stuff from there, they've over complicated the buying system, and while buying the Gilded Tarot, the same shop had it listed three times in three different prices, nothing different between them. Usualy amazons own price is really expensive too, it lists something "starting at £9.50" and then when you see the page, they sell it for £19.99, instead refering at a second hand copy someones selling. And then they have the nerve to suggest buying something else, believing that by recording what you've bought from amazon before, they know what you'd want in future. Sorry, ranted a little :p I'm quite anti-amazon.

(I got the Gilded Tarot today, so yay, worried over nothing-but it did seem to take a long time).

Well, I do most of my shopping online for over 5 years now, and have never had a problem, not one. Funny you should say that about Amazon. I have bought almost all of my decks there. That's amazon.ca as I'm in Canada. I find them very very reliable, everything arrives very quickly (90% of the time before the expected delivery date) and it could not run more smoothly. Amazon is always my first choice for buying decks. I have two more actually on order from them currenly that should arrive soon. And I have already received one this month from them.

I actually like when they suggest other things that I might buy. If it's not something I want I ignore it, but there have been times when it suggested an accompanying book with a deck, which I got and found very useful later on.

Do you think maybe amazon is more reliable in one county than in another?

Bar