The Bohemian Gothic Tarot

Master_Margarita

baba-prague said:
I know it sounds like I am just trying to get out of replacing any cards (we would of course try to do it, in reality) but I actually feel these cards might be more beautiful with a bit of wear. Okay, I'm not actually advocating that everyone dunks theirs in a beverage of their choice - or if so, at least please make it absinthe or a good stewed cup of English tea with leaves floating about (urk) - but I do think the cards will pick up some more character when they aren't pristine.

Like Catherine Deneuve and I, the cards want their experience to show...

:heart: M_M~

rwcarter

baba-prague said:
I wasn't sure it would as, well, Gothic isn't everyone's thing and we always thought that this would be a rather niche deck.

Very quiet post ends...shhhhh
Congrats BTW. Very well deserved. And I agree 1000% with the choice.

Rodney

baba-prague

Thank-you.

We did go to our very favourite cafe/restaurant for a quiet celebration. No absinthe though.

Actually, it does look as though there won't be huge controversy and debate this year and I'm a bit relieved.

rwcarter

Well, it's happened. There's a Silver on eBay, auction # 250222351482. Starting bid is only $99! :rolleyes: Glad I already have mine. :D

Rodney

6 Haunted Days

Well, well....interesting indeedy. Thanks for sharing that, I never check!

The seller has Waking the Wild Spirit and the 1st edition Tarot of Prague for bidding too. The ToP comes with some cool items....the Golem novel and a ToP Moon bag.

bershka

rwcarter said:
Well, it's happened. There's a Silver on eBay, auction # 250222351482. Starting bid is only $99! :rolleyes: Glad I already have mine. :D

Rodney

That's really sad for someone who wants to make a profit out of this deck. Whether this person used this deck or not, I ditto. Oh well....

rwcarter

and for anyone who's interested, I forgot to mention there's no reserve!

6 Haunted Days

bershka said:
That's really sad for someone who wants to make a profit out of this deck. Whether this person used this deck or not, I ditto. Oh well....

Why is it sad? Do you think this about just this deck in particular or any OOP deck that sells above list price?

Personally I don't see anything wrong with selling an OOP higher than what it went for or you paid for it. Granted, the BG Silver just went OOP not 2 weeks ago! A bit hasty!

I'm interested in your take on why you feel it's wrong to a make a profit from this.....(not meant in an argumentative way at all!)

bershka

Sorry for not clarifying my point...

I think it's really sad to start the bid at $99. It's a different point if starting the bid at a lower price or @ the same price of BG.

For example, with the listing of ToP and goodies, that's fine.

I am not sure how to explain this, but it's a matter of personal values. I just think it's just wrong to start the bid so high.

I know on sites like amazon, half.com, they sell OOP decks at extremely high prices, but for some reason with BG, I just feel it's wrong.

Probably, it's because I have such a strong connection to BG that I feel this way :D

6 Haunted Days said:
Why is it sad? Do you think this about just this deck in particular or any OOP deck that sells above list price?

Personally I don't see anything wrong with selling an OOP higher than what it went for or you paid for it. Granted, the BG Silver just went OOP not 2 weeks ago! A bit hasty!

I'm interested in your take on why you feel it's wrong to a make a profit from this.....(not meant in an argumentative way at all!)

Morgen Ster

It does look amazing.. i just looooved it a lot!!!
I can't believe in a month i'll have my tarot deck here with me.. the one that fits me perfectly!!!!