8 of Wands
A Queen of any kind
The Fool
5 of Pentacles
The Moon
The Chariot

I know. I am a pest.... :D

Skydancer

I would like to see the Moon and Fool as well.

Amazing cards - am most curious about the story lines!!

Thanks for posting! :)

*S*

babyJo

HearthCricket said:
A Queen of any kind

What a beautiful deck :)
Is it possible to show me the Queen of Cups...please !!

HearthCricket

The Queen of Cups is really pretty. I love the way her colours are more saturated than the lower cup cards and I love the wreathe on her hair! I love the way each suit gently changes colour tones....a steely grey and cool pink for the swords, richer warm gold and fruit colours for the pentacles, and the blues and greens for the cups. I am dying to see some wands! The artist also did a nice job depicting air, earth, water...and now for fire!!

Little Baron

I havn't read all of the posts here, but are these cards going to be protected in any way. With such big samples, it would be easy for them to be stolen, as the Golden was.

Nice artwork, Barbara, by the way.

LB

babyJo

Barbara, thank you so much for posting the "Queen of Cups"

It's GORGEOUS!!! I love the look on her face..and the colour that make her so wise and mature.

This deck is on my "To Buy" list.. for sure! :)

HearthCricket

The Wands are lovely, with such beautiful Ace cards. I really love the mushrooms and leaves in this deck. There is a mix of seasons, and this has a very autumnal feel; perfect for fire! After having just watched Eragon (expecting the DVD to arrive from Amazon, today) the Wand theme definitely strikes and appealing chord with me! I especially like the way all the cards show that the fairy world is full of adventure, action, trials, and not all good and pleasant and fluffy. It reflects our own world and life nicely.

Skydancer

I do have a question about this deck though --

First, it is so beautiful; the mer-people, the mushrooms and fall leaves, color choices. Very quiet and playful. From what I'm seeing so far. It looks like a great deak to "travel" with. However ...

What is the symbolism with the kind of gargoyle faces on the top corners of the card? It's on all of them - and I've been looking at the cards Barbara posted and trying to come to terms with them. I've thought of a couple of connotations, but would love to hear what the artist had in mind.

Barbara? Anyone?
(thanks in advance)

Ann
*S*

HearthCricket

Skydancer said:
What is the symbolism with the kind of gargoyle faces on the top corners of the card? It's on all of them - and I've been looking at the cards Barbara posted and trying to come to terms with them. I've thought of a couple of connotations, but would love to hear what the artist had in mind.

Good question! I also wonder. The first thing that crossed my mind is that this is supposed to be a Faery Garden, and these gargoyle-like creatures remind me of the Greenman faces/statues you often find in decorative gardens, only these seem to have a more Fey look about them. I look forward to the answer, too!

Jewel

Is this deck still on schedule for a July release?