If you had to choose only one book on learning the tarot, what would it be?

Nemia

Tarot for yourself. It was probably the book that taught me to trust myself and to build a personal relationship with the cards. It helped on so many levels. This foundation of trust and self-trust is IMO extremely important.

Pam O

Whoops, posted in this link wrong thread.... Duhhhhhh
Off to find the thread I wanted to share THIS THREAD in....

Sherilyn G

These books pack a lot of information into the space for the price:

"Tarot Bible" by Sarah Bartlett
"The Complete Tarot Reader" by Teresa C. Michelsen
"Complete Guide to Tarot" by Cassandra Eason
"21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card" by Mary K. Greer

3ill.yazi

I think those will keep you busy for a while.

Alpha-Omega

Probably the first book I bought. Learning The Tarot by Joan Bunning. It just has all the basics and excellent card meanings. Great place for a beginner!

Sherilyn G

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0738730440/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

This book also seem getting good reviews. I ordered one copy today together with 2x Dusty Whites books.

Not sure if I have overdone with book purchases this month.

I had that book, and I cannot honestly recommend it unless you don't mind spending a lot of time searching through the index or the book itself to look up information on a specific card, because they are not presented in order. There is a logic to the order they are presented in, but I found I could not get used to it, and that it seemed quite unnecessary. I found something about the way it was written was annoying, perhaps aimed at younger people? (I can't put my finger on what it was).

I sold the book after spending quite a lot of time trying to use it. It does have some good information in it, but I've found other, better books for the price. I don't recall it including much about intuitive approaches.

Have a good look at it at a bookstore before you invest. It might work for you, different people like different approaches.

Celtictarot

Janina Renee Tarot for a new generation.
78 Degrees of Wisdom.
Tarot Wisdom (Both book my Rachel Pollack)
Spiritual Tarot (Only decent book for the morgan - Greer)
Tarot and Astrology by Corinne Kenner (I think her name is)
Nancy Shavick