Liberating Pierre Madenie

BSwett

I was very nervous as I was rounding the edges of my Pierre Madenie deck until one of my children peeked over my shoulder and said: "Now they look like cards!"

It's true, they used to be just lovely historical pieces of art but they weren't inviting me to lay them out and use them as tarot cards until now! Stoked to liberate the magic within this deck!

Happy holidays!
B.

Inconnu

Good luck with the rounded corners. Mine, (still square cornered) but handled with ease started to delaminate from even gentle use. No way I could riffle shuffle the pack, they'd come apart.

I have retired them to the historical reference section.

Seems like a lot of these self published packs are laminated & don't hold up to riffle shuffling or even an attempt of gentle hand over hand type shuffling. Though they are historically relevant & I want them in my collection they should be serviceable.

We need independent card publishers that put out the durable product, comparable to a finished US games type pack in durability but less plastic. Who can do that?

Durable, beautiful, done.

eltarot78

this is so so so beatiful

Bluefeet

Beautifully done! I personally don't have the guts to trim or corner-round any of my self-published/limited edition decks, but your cards look truly wonderful and useable with rounded corners. Thanks for sharing!

BSwett

Beautifully done! I personally don't have the guts to trim or corner-round any of my self-published/limited edition decks, but your cards look truly wonderful and useable with rounded corners. Thanks for sharing!

Yep. Im tempted to do the Noblet next. But since it's a smaller deck, the pointy corners don't bug me that much. I saw some pics of a rounded corners version here somewhere and it looks awesome though....

ana luisa

I agree!! You did a fantastic job rounding these corners :thumbsup: I hope you can finally enjoy this gem !!

Yves Le Marseillais

Feminine cards

Hello all,

Well, when I started this facsimiles project, main idea was to fully respect historical aspects of this decks by all means: Size, colours, square corners, thickness of cards, defaults of fabrication (colours dispersion, lacks in black lines, "ghost images").

Satin finition was decided as to stick to surfaces of originals cards (made of soap application). This is why this cards are not laminated nor mat, nor glossy.

To round corners was an option I discussed with my colleague Wilfried (also passionate of Tarot as you know).

We both decided to let this possibility to all of you and not to force you to buy this deck already rounded.

I understand your arguments and I would say that one day I will authorise myself to round one exemplary of my Madenié for my own pleasure too.

It look very nice also and more feminine I would say.

Another possibility is to use a smaller radius for this rounding operation as to take benefit of all aspects: A square look plus a small round corner.

I take opportunity of this thread to wish you all a very good end of year feast !!

Salutations from Marseilles City

Yves

conversus

Yves:

Could you speak to Iconnu's observation regarding delamination? associated with the shuffling of the cards?

Perhaps there is no lamination or coating at all and the card stock just deteriorates with minimal use?

Pax ae bonum!!!

CED

Le Fanu

Yep. Im tempted to do the Noblet next. But since it's a smaller deck, the pointy corners don't bug me that much. I saw some pics of a rounded corners version here somewhere and it looks awesome though....
I wonder if that was mine? I have a rounded Noblet. It makes it feel even dinkier.

I was going to get a second Madenié for de-cornering but haven't got round to it yet... Those look lovely!