Quantum Tarot - The King Wands

nisaba

<shuffle>

<cut>

What - it's my week for dealing with developed masculine energy? I'm still reeling from the King Swords, and I pull the King Wands!

<thinks> Do I shuffle 'im back in and cut again? Nah ... I can't do that. He normally looks reflective, or even blank, but right at this instant he's looking at me with such sadness ...

The King Wands rules the element of Fire, and Fire he has aplenty. Someone has lit a long-wicked candle, and even though the candle is invisibly below the bottom of the image, the flame gutters right up the right side of the card, forming the King's unheld Wand in its shape. Lightning, Prometheus' vehicle for moving Fire from the realm of the Gods who clearly include Jupiter (up) to the realm of humankind (down), flickers all around the face peering out at us enigmatically, a middle-aged man with a greying moustache. His hair, chin and beard (if any) are lost in turbulence. Somewhere below the nose streaks of fire seem to rush from him down and to the left until you look twice and see that it looks spookily like the streakiness of the boiling atmosphere of Jupiter. There'd even a three-dimensional poached egg to the lower-right (I obviously haven't eaten for a while) that, were I an astronomer and completely unconscious of colour, I'd be tempted to call a "Red Spot", the famous planet-sized storm that's been in full boil for about 500 years. I am, of course, ignoring the astrological symbol in the bottom-left of the card, as just too obvious, given the poached egg and streakiness.

According to the LWB, the King Wands is all about Jupiter, astronomically and astrologically. I have no problem with that. I *am* surprised, though, that nothing has been said, given the fact that we're dealing with the suit governing Fire, that no mention has been made of the fact that Jupiter's surface gives off about three times as much heat into space as it receives from the sun. There is combustion happening in there, according to the scientists, it just may not be oxygen-driven.

It's also worth noting that most of the heavy elements, including some of the mid-heavyweights like carbon, would have been pulled into Jupiter's gaseous core and compressed under its fierce gravity. There would be quite sufficient gravitational force to compress carbon into diamonds, and in the nineties a friend of mine was suggesting that there could be several hundred diamonds the size of earth embedded in the core, along with other unimaginably odd gemstones of similar size created by crushing other complex minerals. In a technologically superior future, a billionnaire who really, really loved you could present you with the biggest diamond ring you could imagine ...

Leo62

nisaba said:
There would be quite sufficient gravitational force to compress carbon into diamonds, and in the nineties a friend of mine was suggesting that there could be several hundred diamonds the size of earth embedded in the core, along with other unimaginably odd gemstones of similar size created by crushing other complex minerals. In a technologically superior future, a billionnaire who really, really loved you could present you with the biggest diamond ring you could imagine ...
LOL how very Jupiterian! :D

For me, this is a visionary and generous King of Wands, a benificent ruler though prone to tantrums (those endless storms ;)). Yes, he seems wiser and more mature than your usual (RWS-style) KoW. His fire has been refined and contained by experience, but he still retains Wands' natural optimism and enthusiasm. He does have the potential to turn into a ranting tyrant mind you - I guess this is the reversed meaning - and probably does not suffer fools gladly.

Attachments

• QuantumCards-36.jpg
    QuantumCards-36.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 255

cirom

I like this card because, he seems so dignified and mature. An all round cool dude I'd have to say.

KarlThomas

Interesting fact on Jupiter's heat, too, Nisaba.

Physical representation there for a ruler being more a source of creative power than a consumer. (I see the heat from Jupiter's surface as a source.) How do people best rule? As sources, giving to subjects, rather than as power-gatherers, adding to the treasury.

I think you are doing important work with what you bring to the table here, Nisaba.

It is more than likely the one goal shared by Chris and Kay in this deck creation is that it be a beginning. You are, in this post, forging new territory for the King of Wands. Territory he already reigned over, in this existing deck, but previously undiscovered territory nonetheless, for us as readers, for the King as ruler.

Keep doing what you are doing. I'm less interested in why the information wasn't included in the guide publication, but very lit up by fire from your added insight and what it might give in terms of insights.

Forgive my distance from your posts of late. I'll have to step this up.

Leo62

cirom said:
I like this card because, he seems so dignified and mature. An all round cool dude I'd have to say.
LOL cirom - he's modest too :D ;) And very artistic...

I'm ashamed to admit, I can't remember half the stuff I wrote in the LWB :eek:

I did a lot of research and tried to condense it into something concise and readable for science imbeciles like myself ;) I was very conscious of not wanting to overwhelm people with "facts" ...

As Karl says, the book is there just as a starting point. It's great to hear all these wonderful ideas and visions spiralling out of these discussion, some of which I never would have imagined. It means to me that the deck has a life of its own, which is very gratifying! :D

nisaba

Karl, stoppit! My head's already reaching Earthlike proportions, you'd hate for it to end up the size of Jupiter!

And Kay, if we keep fleshing out the cards with our own ideas, are you going to write a full-size book?

Leo62

nisaba said:
And Kay, if we keep fleshing out the cards with our own ideas, are you going to write a full-size book?
:eek: :bugeyed: :D