Knight of Swords as romantic feelings for other person?

Frannie

Thank you so much Thirteen, you have certainly clarified that Knight of swords in the romantic position. I really appreciate it, always learning from you ;)

And clarity, I don't know where that conclusion came from, just in my despair to know what it meant I rushed into conclusions :)

starrystarrynight

Frannie said:
I had this card come up in the position of X's romantic feelings for someone... and I am not quite sure about it's meaning. I thought it may mean that X feels mentally attracted to this person, but not so much emotionally. That seems strange since the 2 of cups showed up as X's feelings for this person too...
I may be confused, but it appears that both the Knight of Swords and the Two of Cups showed up in a spread you did...like this?:

What are X's romantic feelings for "this person"? Knight of Swords

What are X's feelings (in general?) for "this person"? Two of Cups

If that is the case, then I would agree that X doesn't have much in the way of romantic feelings for "this person" (Knight of Swords), but he may feel a friendship or partnership with her (Two of Cups.)

Frannie

Both were in the romantic position, and I totally agree with your interpretation starrystarrynight, thank you for your insight :)

starrystarrynight

Well, in that case, I might wonder if, since the Two of Cups is often an initial attraction card that needs work to move it along to love, and the Knight of Swords is often about fast forward movement, it could be that this guy has noticed the other person in a romantic way, but that he has a lot more going on in his life that takes more of his attention right now.

If that is the case, it may mean that the other person :))) may have to go the extra mile to make more room for herself in his busy life...

Of course, this interpretation would all depend on the rest of the spread, too.

Frannie

Oh, the rest of the spread showed that X's intentions were very pure and lovely (Ace of cups) :)

clarity

were both cards pulled together? If so which card came first?

Frannie

Hi clarity
I pulled both cards for the same position, then I asked for X's intentions and I got the Ace of Cups.

Thirteen

Frannie said:
I pulled both cards for the same position, then I asked for X's intentions and I got the Ace of Cups.
So *both* cards are X's romantic feelings for Y and neither are Y's romantic feelings for X?

I think we're all a bit confused here. Let's clarify: Why two cards for the "romantic feelings" position? Was one for one person, the other for the other, or both for the same person? Does the spread require two or was one a clarifier? If so, which was the card you put down for the position, and which clarified?

Mellifluous

I would say they are attracted to Y and also feel that Y makes sense or is the right choice for them. They know who they want, feel confident about it and are ready to act on their feelings. :)

Frannie

I am so sorry if my question turned up confusing.... I will rephrase the whole thing: I asked two different questions. One was "What are X's feelings for her" and I got the Knight of Swords and the 2 of cups, both pulled for the same question, none of them as a clarifier to the other. Then I asked: "What are X's intentions for her? and I got the Ace of Cups.... I am so sorry if all of this sounded so confusing!