Tyldwick Tarot

heron

Me too (she said, from her locked front door, her secluded garden, her unaswered 'phone).

Maybe you could be in the house whilst I'm in the garden and visa-versa?

:)

Fantastic idea! I love this note of yours, PathWalker. I ordered my Tyldwick yesterday - it HAS to be a magical deck, now I've got so much invested in it. And I'm loving all these reviews.

As some kind of poet, I am really attracted to the oblique rather than the obvious, and I'm expecting this deck to be kind of "Last Year at Marienbad" (my favourite movie of all time) meets "Le Grand Meaulnes"/The Lost Domain.

Can hardly wait . . .

Le Fanu

Gosh, yes, Marienbad and Le Grand Meaulnes. In fact, any stately home with spooky connotations.

I ordered mine last night. I am lucky enough to have the deck with the *magical* number 7. I couldn't have asked for a better number...

This deck reminds me of so much; English country mansions out of season with the dustcovers on, haunted rectories and overgrown gardens. Is there anyone in the world not enchanted by that sort of atmosphere?

I love the statuesque quality of so many images, the meticulous symmetry, the feeling of looking into a mirror with the surface damaged and thinking you see ghosts.

delizt

This deck reminds me of so much; English country mansions out of season with the dustcovers on, haunted rectories and overgrown gardens. Is there anyone in the world not enchanted by that sort of atmosphere?

I love the statuesque quality of so many images, the meticulous symmetry, the feeling of looking into a mirror with the surface damaged and thinking you see ghosts.

this says it perfectly!!! I hear hushed whispers from from unseen spirits as the only "human" type element in this deck!!! Can't wait!!!

greatdane

Thank you Le Fanu for the link

Lovely, I see why some are so entranced. I did look through cards and while some, yes, I could definitely see what card they represented, others, not so much. Plus just regarding detail and the fact it has a kind of mosaic look, it would be harder for me to see details. While it is a unique deck, after looking at scans and reading posts here, it almost sounds more like an oracle than tarot. I am reading that many can't make out details or tell what card it is without looking at titles. So unless an intuitive reader, is this more like an oracle or more like tarot?

Calcifer

I have no idea of how I'm going to get along with it. No matter what, I won't be peeling into it right off.... either I'm going to stash it till something I cannot live without comes along (TarotNova ?) and then trade it, or, come Samhain, it will be a "present" for myself :)

My odds are on giving it to myself - self control has never been my strong point. I need to put some parental controls on my PC so I can't come here. I used to have spending money.

M

Halla

I recived my copy today. It is very rare to find a deck like this, a true work of art!
I have always thought knight of swords to represent myself in readings and the first card I drew after careful shuffeling was just that card... And the reflection in the mirror looks just like a younger version of me!! My wife agrees. =) Spooky...

Inconnu

I am very impressed artistically. The heavy atmosphere is so pleasing to my eye.

But I could never read with it. Though I probably would spend some time just meditating on the images & rising on the ether.

delizt

WOW...just wow. Simply the nicest gilding I have ever seen on a deck...so liquid smooth gold!!

This deck is IT for me, I love it....the atmospheric quality draws me in and I think will stretch my brain when using it for readings...

if not, I am simply gaze at it and sigh...it's really a beautiful masterpiece of a deck!

Essjay

I picked mine up from the PO this morning and have gone through the cards but not read with it yet.

Wow, just wow. This is the most beautiful deck. For starters I can't believe I finally have a copy after all these years. The wait was so worth it. Each card is beautiful and you could stare at them for hours. The details are remarkable. It's like looking through a gap in an old, moss-covered wall to catch a glimpse of that old, rambling house that you've never been able to visit. It reminds me of a childhood book that I can't quite place, there's a nostalgic feeling when you go through the cards for something that I feel I've forgotten.

It's very difficult to describe the feeling this deck gives you. The word that springs to mind is spectral for some reason. Haunting, gorgeous with an air of melancholy.

I was really trying not to do back-ups anymore but I may have to make an exception ...

delizt

It reminds me of bits of the Secret Garden I read as a kid....