10 of cups = culmination point (Nothing getting better)?

tarot_quest

This post really intrigued me, because it touches a very important aspect of my experience with tarot and I hope my take helps you, tarot_quest.
As Thirteen said, the question itself is very important. I found out throughout my experience, that the question, the very way you phrase it, is (to me, at least) 50% of the whole reading.

Hi Blessed! Thanks for your detailed message by the way. I agree that my question was more kind of a ''yes/no'' type of question. At least, I feel that I got a bit of information despite how I phrased it. Thanks fo sharing your thoughts on this :)

In your case, to me, the cards you drew speak of future potential with this man. The ten of cups in my books is the card of 'conscious' and happy coupling, of two people who have found one another and are able to have a harmonious, content union.

Ok it's nice to get opinions from readers on my card (even if my questions was not so clear!). So you don't see it as ''thing have reach their best limit'' but rather see it as a card of ''conscious harmonious coupling''.

And the Hierophant, as 'keeper of tradition & propriety' (again, my view on the card), indicates to me that it would be a 'proper' relationship - with some old-fashioned courting perhaps, or distinct stages (attraction, then dating first, then maybe moving in together), or just honest intentions and a sincere gradual approach from his end. But he would aim to a relationship in any case, not just casual dating.

I am impressed by your take here! I was in contact with this man very briefly, but he told me that he dated his last (and only!) girlfriend for a YEAR before they were officially together! So you are right here, he takes things very slowly and traditionally.

Welcome to the Forum :)

tarot_quest

Absynthe,

Thanks for sharing your views on this card with your personal example. It's difficult for me to comment on your story related to these cards, but it's nice to hear that you feel better about the whole story and more detached.

I have already been ''obsessed'' by someone for 2 years and I was scared that my feelings would never disappeared, but of course they finally vanished at some point!

Thirteen

However, I think that a 10 of cups relationship does not necessarily exclude sharing common ambitions and some little fireworks (i.e. physical attraction, looking at each other with romance and lust
I didn't say it excluded those :) But it doesn't give them top priority. There have been loving committed marriages that didn't include lust. Would you be okay with that? You say that this kind of rainbow romance is what you want, but then you also say, "I don't think it excludes..." suggesting that you might be bothered if it did exclude those things.

Let's say for a moment that it did. No lust, no shared ambition, no stimulating arguments. Just that rainbow of romantic, spiritual, togetherness. Would you still want it? It's worth asking yourself that, I think. I do have to say, given the very traditional partner suggested as being right for you in the other spread, the 10/Cups is probably what you're seeking. So. Maybe you should give this guy a closer look.

Laurelle

10 of Cups can also be about dreaming about marriage.

Tens can indicate an excessive of each suit, not necessarily the culmination. In the Ten of Cups we see us dreaming of the fantasy where wishful thinking and prince charming stories play a big role. Be careful not to lose yourself in over idyllic fantasies and stories. There maybe a tendency to over idealize a situation before it happens.

Blessed

Ok it's nice to get opinions from readers on my card (even if my questions was not so clear!). So you don't see it as ''thing have reach their best limit'' but rather see it as a card of ''conscious harmonious coupling''.

I am impressed by your take here! I was in contact with this man very briefly, but he told me that he dated his last (and only!) girlfriend for a YEAR before they were officially together! So you are right here, he takes things very slowly and traditionally.

Welcome to the Forum :)[/QUOTE]

Hi again! Thank you for the welcome, it's great to be around you, guys!

No, I don't see 10 of cups as something reaching its limit, or ending in any way. In the Rider-Waite tarot the imagery shows the couple clearly content, basking in their blessings - their love, their children and family they've built, their land and home and the rainbow with the cups is just like a wreath of happiness denoting this. It's like a perfect kodak moment.

Oh, I see! He is indeed traditional. So, the cards were very eloquent and fitting in your case. And their story makes sense. Since this is the kind of person this man is, if you ever decide to give each other a chance, this is the most likely possibility.

tarot_quest

No lust, no shared ambition, no stimulating arguments. Just that rainbow of romantic, spiritual, togetherness. Would you still want it?

Thanks for trying to make me think more deeply about what I am looking for :) Fore sure, I cannot stand arguments. I also don't need that we share a big dream together (let's say career wise or something related). However, I don't know if it is because I am a Scorpio, but I need to desire my partner or else, I don't feel ''in love''. I am not seeking a passionate affair at all, but above all, a stable and secure relationship. I am grasping the essence of your message Thirteen (even with my additional clarifications here :)). The physical part needs to be there for me in order to feel a ''10 of cups'' type of relationship.

It's worth asking yourself that, I think. I do have to say, given the very traditional partner suggested as being right for you in the other spread, the 10/Cups is probably what you're seeking. So. Maybe you should give this guy a closer look.

Your logic (intuition) makes sens. I feel that I should give this man more time before contacting him (maybe a couple of weeks/months) since he was the one who cut communication. I am a firm believer that nothing happens for nothing.

tarot_quest

10 of Cups can also be about dreaming about marriage.

Tens can indicate an excessive of each suit, not necessarily the culmination. In the Ten of Cups we see us dreaming of the fantasy where wishful thinking and prince charming stories play a big role. Be careful not to lose yourself in over idyllic fantasies and stories. There maybe a tendency to over idealize a situation before it happens.

I appreciate the advice since what you are saying is the other side of the medal. The thing is, since I am involved in this situation, it's difficult to know objectively which aspect of the 10 of cups would fit here.

I don't have enough ''life experiences'' that are link with 10 of cups. In my readings, it never meant illusions. However, it already meant: ''Enjoy, you have reach the culmination point''. For example, when I did some presentations related to my PhD, I received this card as ''how it would go'' and as an advice (I was presenting the work that I worked on for years = culmination/summum).

Some people on AT think that the 10 of cups means wishful thinking. I personally think that it is not black and white and I am not against this idea. But in my readings, up to now, it never meant an idealized situation.

Last thing, if me and this man don't get in touch anymore, this 10 of cups truly meant that things were at their best while we were ''dating''. At least, I don't feel too involved in this situation (nor sad). I am meeting other men and life goes on.

tarot_quest

Oh, I see! He is indeed traditional. So, the cards were very eloquent and fitting in your case. And their story makes sense. Since this is the kind of person this man is, if you ever decide to give each other a chance, this is the most likely possibility.

Thanks for your insights Blessed! Again, I agree with you that the way we phrase a question is already part of the answer. When I asked ''what does my intuition know about him for the future'' and I got the Hierophant, I did the match in my mind with my previous reading (which type of partner would suit me = hierophant).

Again, objectivity can be a problem ;)

Laurelle

I appreciate the advice since what you are saying is the other side of the medal. The thing is, since I am involved in this situation, it's difficult to know objectively which aspect of the 10 of cups would fit here.

I don't have enough ''life experiences'' that are link with 10 of cups. In my readings, it never meant illusions. However, it already meant: ''Enjoy, you have reach the culmination point''. For example, when I did some presentations related to my PhD, I received this card as ''how it would go'' and as an advice (I was presenting the work that I worked on for years = culmination/summum).

Some people on AT think that the 10 of cups means wishful thinking. I personally think that it is not black and white and I am not against this idea. But in my readings, up to now, it never meant an idealized situation.

Last thing, if me and this man don't get in touch anymore, this 10 of cups truly meant that things were at their best while we were ''dating''. At least, I don't feel too involved in this situation (nor sad). I am meeting other men and life goes on.

wishful thinking is not the only answer. It's just another take on the card. It's also a great card to get in a relationship reading, so just hang in there and wait to see what happens.

The wishful thinking part was something I had to learn later as I started to read more and more. The picture is so great that I would automatically think it would be all sunshine and rainbows, but it does go deeper than just that, as do all the cards.

It's Mars in Pisces. It's a Cups=Water. It's a 10. 1 and 0. So we also have those elements not just the picture.