Lo Scarabeo Mystical Tarot (Giuliano Costa)

jujustar

Back here after a very long break. Just ordered this after seeing you rave about it Le Fanu... i remember your exquisite taste... hehehe thankyou very much :)

Tibor

Thanks for that link decan. Can someone confirm that the magician is female?

pearlmadgirl

Thanks for that link decan. Can someone confirm that the magician is female?

It's not that clear-cut (the body isn't telling), but from the facial features I'd say yes. I hope that helps.

Tibor

It's not that clear-cut (the body isn't telling), but from the facial features I'd say yes. I hope that helps.

Yes that helps a lot. Thank you. That's exactly what my impression was from the YouTube video. :)

Madrigal

Thanks for the link. Just cancelled my pre-order. Def not for me.

G6

Looks like this has shipped.

ETA: Looks like one thumbs up and one thumbs meh for this one.

Any other opinions from folks that have this deck?

G6

Well, I've had this deck now for about a week. A week is really nothing for me, I have been known to end up liking a deck after years. Well, this one is gonna take me some time. Some of the cards, especially the majors are beautiful!. If they all would have looked like the Star card I think I would have had the perfect deck. The border does not annoy you. It kind of adds to it making each card a portrait. How I wish it would have stayed to its traditional feel. Some are perfect, others are are what the ****? I'm not a fan of kmoto dragons. They creep me out. I love how the clouds make images. Some cards beautiful, others? I know , I keep thinking mystical but I'm having a hard time with it. The devil seems to be a leftover deviant moon card. The thrones everyone sits on are from the movie Barbarella? Fantastic wheel of fortune! Beautiful Judgement. Lovely Aces, crappy knights, dreamy pages. A lot of brick floors.. I don't know. I'm really wierd sometimes so who knows but so far they're not talkin to me. Well, half the deck is not talkin to me. (I don't think I have ever seen a depressed 9 of cups)

So funny what everyone picks out that bugs them. I watched the video and noticed all the brick floors, lol! Yeah, seems like your assessment is more in line with my thoughts. It's a quirky deck for sure. I really liked the Hermit card and I actually did like the Devil card. The Death card was weird that sideways pose. Some of it's cool and as you mentioned some of it's like, huh? An interesting deck for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

Le Fanu

Any other opinions from folks that have this deck?
I love it. I mean, if I concentrate hard I could probably come up with something that bugs me, but, really, the overall impact of it is positive - and I find it readable and historic-feeling even though I know it isn't. I love it, really.