Phrasing the question/how literal do you get?

velvet moon

I'm curious to know whether ya'll go for more of a 'likely outcome' aproach or a direct foretelling and how many of you have succesfully gotten glimpses into outcomes vs the 'oh I see what that card meant, now, in hindsight' ? :)

Arania

Of course,looking back readings often make a lot more sense haha.

I try to be literal in cases where it matters,lest I get answers applying to other things,however, often enough I get answers to questions never asked because it is more important to know at that time.

Grizabella

I'm basically an old-time fortune teller so I get pretty specific with my readings. I have good success with that most of the time. No reader is 100% accurate, but more often than not, the answers and predictions I get are right. Sometimes it takes awhile for the predictions to come about but from a lot of my feedback given to me even a few years later, it does come about most of the time.

I don't usually read for myself but when I do it's with Lenormand or Kipper.

velvet moon

Of course,looking back readings often make a lot more sense haha.

I try to be literal in cases where it matters,lest I get answers applying to other things,however, often enough I get answers to questions never asked because it is more important to know at that time.

velvet moon

I'm basically an old-time fortune teller so I get pretty specific with my readings. I have good success with that most of the time. No reader is 100% accurate, but more often than not, the answers and predictions I get are right. Sometimes it takes awhile for the predictions to come about but from a lot of my feedback given to me even a few years later, it does come about most of the time.

I don't usually read for myself but when I do it's with Lenormand or Kipper.

velvet moon

For the record I usually ask what the likely outcome will be if I take a particular action toward a sitcuatio. (sometimes vs another action) I always feel you get the clearest message when it's the most personal and guidance seeking.

cybercat

You can read about them here on AT. They have there own section further down on the forum.

To answer first question. Specific works best. General get vague answers back.

barefootlife

I'm a weirdo - When reading for myself, I rarely ask anything more than 'what do I need to do' or 'what do I need to know'. Sometimes there's an 'about ____' appended onto that, sometimes not. Usually I don't need to specify very hard to get what I'm looking for.

That said, I think it depends on how many cards you're planning to pull. 3 or less and you need more specificity to put the cards together into a coherent answer. For a larger spread, I don't like narrowing my question too much, because I feel like I could miss something the cards have to say by being too intent on a single line of thought.

greatdane

I don't read for divination, but guidance

But as far as a time frame, I get very literal. Like what should I watch for in the next two weeks, what influences should I look for?

Again, I read more as a heads up, I don't believe that the cards tell me what must be, but help me tap into more what to watch for.

ilikeskittles

Usually just a likely outcome, and I see if its a positive or negative card that comes up. When I get readings done for me, I'm actually not sure how specific she gets with asking, my reader usually does an outcome card for a situation or a three card spread (I get short email readings from her every now and then).