The Alchemical Tarot: Renewed Four

illyria

I received a message from Robert that the decks have cleared customs. I can start ticking off items in my "Waiting For" list again!

The Happy Squirrel

Show us when you get it :) would you be able to compare it to the last edition? I am curious to know :) I can see there is a slight difference in design :)

illyria

Show us when you get it :) would you be able to compare it to the last edition? I am curious to know :) I can see there is a slight difference in design :)

Hi, Squirrel.

I didn't get the third, and I only have the first. I admit I like the backs of the fourth. But I'm curious to see the differences as well.

WolfSpirit

I just saw that I received an email too and I knew that someone on AT would have started a thread about it already :D
Yay, the long wait is almost over!
I have a 1st and 2nd edition and really looking forward to this one.

Le Fanu

I have the first three editions. I drew a line at this one. I'm sure it's lovely. If one turns up in Trading, I might go for it. I like the deck but the Sevenfold Mystery has overtaken it to be honest. I much prefer it

swedishfish612

Really wanting this one! I don't have any Place decks.

I watched Angelo Nasios' video comparing Sevenfold and Alchemical side-by-side, in hopes that it'd help me pick between the two. It only convinced me that I want both!

I'm curious to see how this 4th version with the antiqued/vintage look turns out. I've seen the images on Place's site, but I want to see some actual cards.

Is the book a must-have if I get the deck?

Farzon

Yay! I read that, too, just an hour ago! It will make my Robert Place-Collection nearly complete!

The Happy Squirrel

I have the first three editions. I drew a line at this one. I'm sure it's lovely. If one turns up in Trading, I might go for it. I like the deck but the Sevenfold Mystery has overtaken it to be honest. I much prefer it

Same here :)
But I don't have the 3rd
Is the 3rd pretty much the same as the 2nd?
But I agree full heartedly about the Sevenfold Mystery. I think it is a very elegant deck in both appearance and substance!

illyria

I actually bought and enjoyed the Sevenfold first. I vacillated on whether to get the Alchemical or pass it up, but what convinced me to finally purchase it are two cards: the Ace of Cups and the Three of Swords. They felt almost talismanic to me.

Arimaya

oy! jealous, I havent received any email update on my order :( I ordered the deck and new book too.