The Alchemical Tarot: Renewed Four

The Happy Squirrel

I actually bought and enjoyed the Sevenfold first. I vacillated on whether to get the Alchemical or pass it up, but what convinced me to finally purchase it are two cards: the Ace of Cups and the Three of Swords. They felt almost talismanic to me.

Sevenfold Mystery is my intro to Robert Place :)

illyria

Really wanting this one! I don't have any Place decks.

I watched Angelo Nasios' video comparing Sevenfold and Alchemical side-by-side, in hopes that it'd help me pick between the two. It only convinced me that I want both!

I'm curious to see how this 4th version with the antiqued/vintage look turns out. I've seen the images on Place's site, but I want to see some actual cards.

Is the book a must-have if I get the deck?

I think the book's very insightful. It explains Robert's inspirations for the cards, and many of the symbols he used. I loved reading the book that came with his Vampire Tarot. I didn't think I would, so that was a surprise.

Cocobird55

I do love the Sevenfold. But I'm still looking forward to the latest Alchemical.

WolfSpirit

I agree with you, Cocobird. I love the Sevenfold too but am really looking forward to this edition of the Alchemical :)

Annabelle

My copy of the Alchemical 4th edition arrived today!! I love the muted colors and the added symbols; the cards look even better in person than they do online.

Cocobird55

Mine came today. Like it so much more than the other versions -- the muted colors are great.

agviz

Are the borders white, or do they continue the muted colors of the images?