The Zombie Tarot

GotH

So I'm thinking about getting this deck but I was curious to know how those who have it like it? Also, are there any other zombie type decks out there to choose from? I already have the Dark Grimoire.

TinySpark

So I'm thinking about getting this deck but I was curious to know how those who have it like it? Also, are there any other zombie type decks out there to choose from? I already have the Dark Grimoire.

I actually wanted to buy this deck, but I looked at in the store and tried to shuffle it, and the cardstock is the thickest I have ever seen. Much like thin indestructible cardboard. Really hard for my small hands to shuffle.

GotH

Oh okay so it's a challenge to shuffle this deck. Thanks for that info, I'll keep that in mind. :)

gregory

It's nowhere near as thick as many of Schiffer's. I love the deck - it reads well, and it's fun too. (And it was wonderful to see it in the store along with Doreen Virtue's first tarot, under "controversial decks" :D)

ETA there is also the Zombie Apocalypse:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/zombie-apocalypse/ :D

danieljuk

I don't like decks which scare me like the Deviant Moon or something like that and this is not a "horror" deck, it's a deck with humour and irony! It's quite to the point but you can't read this deck without humour. I did a circle exchange with someone recently and realised afterwards that my write up of the reading was really getting into the mindset of the deck. It's like an adventure game with humour! you have to get into the mindset. It's packaged beautifully as a set! If you like male heroes (like indiana jones) being eaten by Zombies or half zombie roller girls, it's for you!

The deck has a sister from the same artist / publisher which is the 50's Housewives tarot. They are packaged almost the same and the theming is some of the best. I personally prefer the Housewives tarot to the Zombie but I am glad to own them both. Housewives is more finely coiffured hair (so my area) perfect housewife with knifes than zombies chasing people. The Zombie tarot is more dark though, if that is what you are looking for and Housewives more domestic :)

The problem I have with the Zombies is no one ever wants readings with it (apart from people who also own it). It really isn't terrifying and gives great readings! If you like well themed decks with sass you will love it!

GotH

Yeah! I'm all about fun decks!

@gregory Thank you for the link! Looking at the images I think I'd prefer the Apocalypse deck. Just the kind of deck I'm after... Hee hee!

@daniel Thanks for the great review! I've wanted Housewives too. Ahhh the list grows and grows. Just so you know, I'd be happy to do an exchange with you sometime if I ever end up with The Zombie Tarot. I'll have Housewives soon though, I can feel it. :D

danieljuk

:)
here is some pics of the packaging and theming for you, and one pic of them together. They are thick card stock and large box "kits" but I think they are some of my fave card stock of most decks! they are certainly readable as well as themed! It's not just a gimmick! Both decks are surprisingly to the point, sometimes even sarcastic.

Attachments

• 2015-08-23 19.18.50.jpg
    2015-08-23 19.18.50.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 2015-08-23 19.19.25.jpg
    2015-08-23 19.19.25.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 2015-08-23 19.20.02.jpg
    2015-08-23 19.20.02.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 143

GotH

Apparently one would NEED a bullet to get through the card stock eh? ;)

Thanks for the pics D. :)

Rhinemaiden

great post/pix Daniel..... I have both the Housewives and the Zombie... they are fun decks to have in any collection..... :thumbsup: I wish the same team would put out another set, although I can't imagine what the theme would be.

shadowdancer

Heck, this is a corker of a deck :D

I love it to bits... seriously.

Great reading deck, fun or serious.

If you want to see how you can have fun with it, check out the study group. I typed up and posted on each card with as many cliches and tongue in cheek comments as I could.

I would not be without it. I have one trimmed and one intact.

Nuff said :D