Ring Cycle Tarot by Allegra Printz

Telspepper

Ring Cycle Tarot arrived today. It is georgous. I was so afraid that Arthur Rackham's illustrations would be hard to see in detail but they are just fine.
The book is very detailed, includes the story of the opera, music suggestions to listen to, a breif bio on Mr. Rackham, etc., and of couse info on the cards.
This will take me a while to explore. I am soo excited!
I had preorderd this, did anyone else receive one?

earthair

What is the card stock like please?

Telspepper

The cards are 3x5 and kinda thick, not super slippery or matte. I'm not sure they are of the very best stock but they aren't flimsy or crunchy. They are flexible. I'm not sure how to answer because I read posts here where people complain about card stocks and often I don't see the problem. That being said I never shuffle my tarot like a regular card deck so I don't know how that effects cards. They seem quality to me.

DarkYarns

Did you preorder from Schiffer Publishing? I preordered from Amazon, and they sent me a notice that it would be arriving soon, but it hasn't been sent yet.

Shade

The card stock is part of the reason it was delayed. I had the pleasure of buying mine at SF BATS and the demo deck on display had the original cardstock that the printing house sent to Schiffer that caused Schiffer to demand a reprint. The demo was MUCH thinner than the real, published deck. They did a fantastic job of it.

Telspepper

I ordered through Amazon. I am a fan of Arthur Rackham, so I pre ordered as soon as I saw it. I have a small collection of his books and figured if the tarot wasn't readable for me, I'd still love the art.
Have you been able to read some of the book and read with the cards a bit Shade?
If so what is your opinion of them?

Le Fanu

Still showing up as pending on amazon uk and "unavailable" on the Book Depository.

This is my most anticipated release of 2015. But then the ones which are constantly put back and pending are the ones that cause me - and probably everyone else - to salivate the most.

I'm sure I shall read well with this one. That Prospero Playing Card deck with Rackham Ring illustrations reads very well for me. I'm imagining it as a more specifically tarot version of this.

Telspepper

I have those Prospero cards also, I didn't think to compare them. I'll do that tomorrow.
For years I've wanted an Arthur Rackham Tarot, although when I thought about a deck it would be illustrated with his Shakespeare and fairy tale illustrations.
When this deck was announced I was thrilled. I admit I don't know much of this story. I grew up in the north east and my Motherr would often take me to the Met, but this is not one of the operas I saw.
I was happy to see a music suggestion page in the book and the story, themes, etc.
September will be Wagner month.
Le Fanu, when you get your tarot, please let me know how it reads for you and in comparison to the playing cards.
I would very much appreciate that.

Le Fanu

Le Fanu, when you get your tarot, please let me know how it reads for you and in comparison to the playing cards.
I would very much appreciate that.
Will do. I have a hunch that the Courts might be the most challenging part. I mean, it's highly unlikely that you get 16 characters in the Ring that reflect the qualities of the 16 Court cards. Too much of a coincidence.

I worked my way through the Ring Cycle on vinyl years ago, borrowed from the library, reading the libretta and listening to the recordings. I love it. But it will be nice to refresh my memory.

I'm truly excited about this one. Anyone who lives in the UK can get it NOW. I see that some sellers on amazon uk marketplace have it but with domestic delivery only.

ETA; it's now in stock at the Book Depository! It wasn't last night when I checked. In my wild excitement I clicked on the wrong address and made a real mess of my order :D

Telspepper

I'm glad you're getting it now. I've messed up my preorder for Deviant Moon Tarot Companion so too much excitement might not be a good thing!
Im really looking forward to hearing about this deck from you, Le Fanu.