Byzantine. Any problems?

Marcus R

I received my Byzantine yesterday. The artwork is good, the book which I haven't yet looked through appears to be thorough. My disappointment is with the corner cutting. The corners are not cut evenly, some card borders look slightly askew because of it. The Fool card has a tiny piece of the bottom right corner missing. It seems as if each card has been cut seperately and then collated into a deck, (all the fools, all the king of wands etc). None of this will stop me using them but the relief of their eventual arrival went down a notch upon opening the box.

I must add that I like the thickness of the cards, the size is good and the lamination is good too.
I am tending to feel these corners would have been better squared and gilded.

Anyone else had any concerns?

WhiteWolfy

I received mine and it had the same problem, uneven corners on a lot of the cards so i used a 10mm corner rounder on it and it now looks great. You might get away using a 5mm corner rounder if you have one. It solved the problem for me, just a thought :)

earthair

Yup, mine also has butchered corners- I'm slowly trimming them by hand...

Madrigal

Hmm, mine did not. At least I didn't notice anything to that effect while I was doing my initial go-through to make sure all the cards were accounted for. I'll have to check again. Will post back with results.

Le Fanu

mmm... now you mention it.

But I have seen this "effect" in a number of decks and never thought to be bothered by it. The Demon's Tarot is like this. Plus others (if I check carefully). Even sides but uneven corners. I don't think it would personally affect my shuffling and reading with the deck.

Yelell

Yes, some of the corners are a bit off. My deck was also missing a card. It took quite a while to get a replacement and I trimmed that card's corners because it stuck out from the rest -- but I was just happy to finally have a full deck. The gilding idea's not a bad one though. After I edged the deck it felt like a big improvement.

Marcus R

Thanks for the replies. I might try a corner rounder.

Carla

Mine had funny squared off corners, it seems to be a thing with Connections decks. I used a corner rounder on it.

Madrigal

I just checked mine and yes, the corners are a little wonky.

Miss Divine

Yep I had the same issue. I used my corner rounder on them as well. Now it's perfect!