Pagan Ways Tarot Problem?

MysticMoonlight

About a week ago, I finally receive my long-awaited (it feels like it's been forever to me, waiting since the 2nd of July) Pagan Ways Tarot from Amazon and guess what, several of the cards have major damage to them. Severe bending to 3-4 of the cards, so bad that the lamination actually bubbled/separated away from the cards. The creases/bends goes the entire length of the damaged cards. I noticed it instantly as soon as I pulled the cards from the box as they clearly stuck out. I'm always perplexed how damage as bad as this is missed upon inspection but hey, I guess it happens. I notified Amazon and they sent me a replacement deck which I just received yesterday and lo and behold, the replacement deck is damaged too! Several of the card edges are completely bent, like they were crushed along the edges and the box that holds/stores the cards is broken/busted as well. The top and bottom seams of the box is completely ripped/busted :/ I've notified Amazon again and requested a replacement that is supposed to be on its way to me soon. Now I have to send back two damaged decks which doesn't cost me anything besides the bother of doing so but it's a bit of a let down. Admittedly, it's taking the edge off of my excitement about the deck a bit. Bummer.

So, has anyone else out there had any similar issues with the Pagan Ways Tarot? I'm wondering if I'm having cruddy luck or are others receiving damaged decks as well? If this next one arrives badly damaged, I think I'm just going to opt for the refund and assume it's just not meant to be! LOL

AJ

who was the publisher?
amazon doesn't open and inspect decks, if the whole lot they bought was damaged your replacement deck will be too.

I'd go ahead and send the first two back, that is your responsibility, but if the third one is bad call the publisher and ask them to hand pick you a good deck.

Until someone tells them there is a bad lot they have no way of knowing.

MysticMoonlight

who was the publisher?
amazon doesn't open and inspect decks, if the whole lot they bought was damaged your replacement deck will be too.

I'd go ahead and send the first two back, that is your responsibility, but if the third one is bad call the publisher and ask them to hand pick you a good deck.

Until someone tells them there is a bad lot they have no way of knowing.

Schiffer is the publisher.

I'm aware that they (Amazon) do not inspect the decks themselves so I was sure to include a message to them explaining that this has now happened twice with the same deck and that there may be an issue with their stock, etc. They sent me an email today stating that they are looking into the matter. I do hope the next one is ok but like you stated about the replacement deck, it could very possibly be damaged as well. I will definitely call the publisher if this next one is damaged as well. That's great advice, thank you.

MysticMoonlight

Third time's a charm...sorta. I received my third replacement deck and although it does have a couple of minor issues, it's so much better than the conditions of the previous two, I can definitely live with it. Not going to push my luck! :)