The WildWood Tarot - Stand Alone/Individual Deck/Positive Reviews

Lifeisabutterfly

Arent' there always lol? My thought drawer is like a garage sale.
Insightful remarks.; in my view they capture the essential message of the card which is visually quite impacting and you've got it down pat..I would like to add this one: Respect means: Never underestimate the situation or your opposing forces--the guy in the card certainly isn't taking anything for granted and seems to prefer to err on the side of caution. I find these cards to really expand on the usual interpretations in such a direct yet subtle way...

Lifeisabutterfly

BTW I just wanted to share a few interesting Wildwood coincidences:
When I started working on my 'assignment' with the 6 of Stones card I went to look in the book when I was done to make sure I hadn't missed anything and lo--the book opened at precisely that page.
Then I decided to do a 3 card draw asking if I would be able to expand on my healing and counseling practice and eventually make a living at just that (ironic considering my health at the moment...) and I got these cards:
The Green Woman--The Wheel--The Queen of Stones (mama bear). While I was slowly turning over the cards I felt such a sense of knowing and wonder--as if I already could feel what the cards had in store for me.
This deck is indeed becoming my all time special deck, just as Lady Iron Side had predicted.
I am considering trimming the side borders to allow the artwork surge even more...but haven't brought myself to do it yet, for once I am content to leave things as they are. But what about a tarot bag? To let the cards stay in those twin plastic wells....

Penthasilia

BTW I just wanted to share a few interesting Wildwood coincidences:
When I started working on my 'assignment' with the 6 of Stones card I went to look in the book when I was done to make sure I hadn't missed anything and lo--the book opened at precisely that page.
Then I decided to do a 3 card draw asking if I would be able to expand on my healing and counseling practice and eventually make a living at just that (ironic considering my health at the moment...) and I got these cards:
The Green Woman--The Wheel--The Queen of Stones (mama bear). While I was slowly turning over the cards I felt such a sense of knowing and wonder--as if I already could feel what the cards had in store for me.
This deck is indeed becoming my all time special deck, just as Lady Iron Side had predicted.
I am considering trimming the side borders to allow the artwork surge even more...but haven't brought myself to do it yet, for once I am content to leave things as they are. But what about a tarot bag? To let the cards stay in those twin plastic wells....

Trim it- it looks 100% better. You will not be sorry. I was so so about the deck, until I trimmed it. Then I fell in love with it :)

Lifeisabutterfly

Trim it- it looks 100% better. You will not be sorry. I was so so about the deck, until I trimmed it. Then I fell in love with it :)

Ha ha ha Penthasilia you are everywhere! Like the little trimming devil! Fancy seeing you here lol! Radar or antennaes?
I am dithering between two choices: either getting rid of all borders and making small cursive titles with my gold tipped pen (it looks divine since it doesn't clash and lends magic) or just keeping the lower border--I plan on treasuring this deck for a long time so I don't want to mess it up...
I notice I keep this tarot separate from the others and still enshrined in the box which I normally never do. The book is being read page by page, and I find the minors as interesting as the majors. As we settle into Fall and it's many coloured wonders, it feels so right to be working with it....

Lifeisabutterfly

I noticed 2 interesting details about the Hooded Man card that I would like to point out but first I would like to check and see if anyone else has noticed a few things which no other Hermit card as far as I know has ever illustrated....(hint: they are really sweet....thus unexpected in this card..but so perfect....)

Lady Iron Side

Dear Lady Iron Side
Regarding the mysteries of the Wheel: I am no expert by any means but perhaps thinking about the nature and essence of each suit and the basic meanings of the elements related to each suit could help in placing them in the Wheel according the seasons. The same might apply to the Majors. I think the book is quite helpful in that sense. Your intuition and in depth knowledge of these concepts should assist you in making that connection. And...don't think too much! go with the heart, it's all there! lol. I didn't think I would grasp it and will have to read it over several times surely but while I was reading about the Wheel and the cards I felt my heart leap--it made so much sense! My feelings about the relationship of the Wheel and the cards really went into overdrive as I left the committee of old ladies at the door.
For example the position of the Green Man on the Wheel seems to make perfect sense. Also another point to ponder: in other tarot cards he ( as Emperor) is often represented has sitting in a throne made out of a tree (Steele Wizard) or as part of a tree himself (Transformational)....

ha ha sorry I already have homework, he he. this is what I will be focusing on this week.

I am really enjoying how this thread is coming along, this is a must continue. also I would love it if you could start new threads in the main Study group forum http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14 to expland on each card that we discuss here so that way we can post up as many cards to complete the list. When starting a new thread with: The Wildwood Tarot [insert name of card]

If you want to you can copy and paste what you have posted here as well, just expand on it and include your discription, and other information you felt was informative, pertaining to the card. That way we are not double posting.

So Far we have talked about:

6 of Stones ( needs to go in the study group card list)
9 of Bows (needs to go in the study group card list)
working on The Hooded Man

Please and thank you
Sincerely
LIS

MsRed

I'm happy new owner of the Wildwood :) I originally avoided it because the images just were not my cup of tea. But somehow our paths crossed again and again here on this forum and I grew to like it ... And then I suddenly just had to have it! I was very lucky to find a shop that had it in stock (I'm on vacation right now so there was a bit of research involved). The best thing: I now have it in English! I really dislike translated decks. The Wildwood is also available in German but the translated title alone makes me want to run away.
So far I have only done one small three card reading but I think I can already say that I connect very well with it and reading will be a pleasure!
Since I'm also studying the Thoth at the moment I think I will give the Wildwood an approach that is a bit more intuitive. I will just start working with it and look up the meanings in the book as I go along if I want to. This feels just right for me :)

Lifeisabutterfly

Ok Ms. Lady==I hope I have rightly acquitted my latest task as assigned! It was my first time creating a post--I checked and saw it in New Posts so I hope it's where and how it's supposed to be....let me know if I messed up so we can fix it. I don't think I have the technological skills at present to copy and paste the others (or the energy) but perhaps later on I could try. Fortunately there aren't too many of them so maybe they can keep for the while...(discreet technophobic cough coming from pallet...)
Anyway I posted the same riddle-like challenge there as I did here and am looking forward to responses. This is so much fun! This thread shall be ever remembered as perhaps
The Silver Thread :) which led to the Silver Light....

Lifeisabutterfly

I'm happy new owner of the Wildwood :) I originally avoided it because the images just were not my cup of tea. But somehow our paths crossed again and again here on this forum and I grew to like it ... And then I suddenly just had to have it! I was very lucky to find a shop that had it in stock (I'm on vacation right now so there was a bit of research involved). The best thing: I now have it in English! I really dislike translated decks. The Wildwood is also available in German but the translated title alone makes me want to run away.
So far I have only done one small three card reading but I think I can already say that I connect very well with it and reading will be a pleasure!
Since I'm also studying the Thoth at the moment I think I will give the Wildwood an approach that is a bit more intuitive. I will just start working with it and look up the meanings in the book as I go along if I want to. This feels just right for me :)

Welcome to our happy home! Feel free to jump in any time! We have a few card studies already posted...

Penthasilia

Ha ha ha Penthasilia you are everywhere! Like the little trimming devil! Fancy seeing you here lol! Radar or antennaes?
I am dithering between two choices: either getting rid of all borders and making small cursive titles with my gold tipped pen (it looks divine since it doesn't clash and lends magic) or just keeping the lower border--I plan on treasuring this deck for a long time so I don't want to mess it up...
I notice I keep this tarot separate from the others and still enshrined in the box which I normally never do. The book is being read page by page, and I find the minors as interesting as the majors. As we settle into Fall and it's many coloured wonders, it feels so right to be working with it....

LOL- the trimming devil- I LIKE IT! })

And, since I have been known to slice and dice- I cut the whole border off- without even a second glance or pardon-me-madam! And it is fantastic. I find that I don't need the titles and that it kind of takes something away from the card to keep them on. If you want to add on with your pen, that would work too. Mine are just the pics alone- and lovely. I did not like it as it was, but love it for what it has become!

But then again, it may just be my hacking and slicing fetish coming out :p

})