2 of Cups as a person??

Jennalyn

As part of a reading where I asked, "What will happen if I accept or decline the job?" the 2 of Cups fell out in the position that represents me as a person if I decline it (the card that fell out to represent me if I accept it was the Devil, which is pretty clear to me - I will be entirely focussed on money).

What could the 2 of Cups mean when representing a person? There are 2 of them in there and I've only ever associated this card with romance. I thought it could possibly mean that I will make peace with the person who wants to hire me and leave in an amiable way, but is there any other meaning for this card in this sort of situation?

rwcarter

If you think of the 2C as a dating card (two people meeting and trying to get to know each other), if you decline the job would you have to start "dating" again to find another job you'd like?

Rodney

Jennalyn

If you think of the 2C as a dating card (two people meeting and trying to get to know each other), if you decline the job would you have to start "dating" again to find another job you'd like?

Rodney

Thank you, Rodney, that's an interesting angle! I take it by 'dating' you mean 'browsing' - looking around and building up a relationship with someone else. That would make sense. Cheers.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

So, you can't offhandedly mention other cards from another reading without interpreting them. Your Readings is the proper place to discuss multiple readings on the same subject. You can mention their commonality in UTC as long as you say what that commonality means to you, but not the specific cards.

Jennalyn

My mistake, it's edited.

Empress26

I interpret the devil to mean that that if you accept the job, you may feel locked down, over worked, trapped, like you're literally "working for the devil" even though this position may earn you a good amount of money. Which is all the more reason to feel tethered to the job... You don't like it but youre still trapped because it earns you money. You've got a love/hate relationship with it.

The 2 of cups card isn't always about love... It can also be about perfect harmony; in a romantic relationship, a friendship, or simply between the forces within yourself. You will feel complete harmony within yourself if you decline the position. Maybe you'll find a job that makes you feel this way as a result of declining the present offer.

I hope that makes things clear for you :)