"The Tarot" by Richard Cavendish (split from Tarot Books & Media)

gregory

Yes but what it is what it is is...

Why is only that ONE card credited and there is no credit given for the others ?

The crowned one

gregory said:
Yes but what it is what it is is...

Why is only that ONE card credited and there is no credit given for the others ?

Simply because he needed four photos and had only three he could use from the cards available to him? it may not be a mystery at all, perhaps he had four cards in mind and Yorke only had access to three of them? Perhaps the quality left something to be desired in what he got, and rather then go up himself he hired a pro to do the re-shoot? It could be for a million mundane reasons.

The author took three of the four pictures.

gregory

That's exactly the kind of thing I want to know ! Where did he manage to take the pix ? (I have a great interest in gaining access to the Warburg, you see....)

Lillie

The odd thing is that it looks like a single picture rather than four separate ones.

If that is so then it is only one picture, the credit applies to all of it and (top left) is just there for no good reason.

Check another full page picture. Do the credits have (top left) for that too?

Abrac

I think that "top left" might be a misprint. At the beginning of the credits where it explains the abbreviations & etc., there's the same credit for the picture on page 139, as if to give it a special credit. It doesn't have "top left." The people who edit indexes and the like frequently screw up. :)

EDIT: Theoretically "top left" shouldn't be there as far as I'm concerned. In the other credits, if there is more than one picture, and each one is described individually, it will say "top left" or "bottom right" to specify which picture is being described. But the Thoth cards aren't described individually, that's another reason I think it's probably a misprint.

gregory

Lillie said:
The odd thing is that it looks like a single picture rather than four separate ones.

If that is so then it is only one picture, the credit applies to all of it and (top left) is just there for no good reason.

Check another full page picture. Do the credits have (top left) for that too?
Have done. No.

Lillie

Hmmm.

Very odd.

OK. You, Gregory are tasked with going to the Warburg institute and finding out the truth about all this, and seeing the pictures in person, and taking all your Thoth decks with you when you go and deciding which one is most like the paintings.

And then we will know, and we will praise your name forever.

gregory

I thought you were coming with me. You're nearest...

...the goat might show up...

Lillie

I'd love to see them!

gregory

OK - I shall now email..... You may or may not get email later !