Reactions to Deviant Moon Tarot?

Muir Aingeal

Do most sitters even look at the cards? They may not even care what the deck looks like as long as you give them a good reading. I think they are mainly after what you've got to say and not the deck imagery.

I never bought this deck only because it's not my style of art but everyone has different tastes.

Nytebugg

I love my deviant moon deck. I get really good and clear readings from mine.
I sometimes read for my mom for fun. one night I let her pick the deck she wanted to use. Surprisingly she choose deviant moon and she even noticed a few things I never picked up while looking at the cards. She likes me to read for her with that deck now. My mom is 60-something.

Spoon Bender

I also get very spot on readings with the Deviant. I was into tarot before, but for me, the Deviant Moon took me to a new level. You know, most of the cards are not dark at all. Look at the cup suit. Everyone is very happy, or the wands, or almost the whole deck! There are rainy days and cloudy days, just like life. The deck is deliciously twisted

entropy

It is the first deck I really felt like I could read intuitively off of, so it's generally my first choice for a reading...

canid

I don't understand the hoopla about Deviant - the art style simply doesn't appeal to me. So many people love it, tho, that I keep going back & having another look at the images & coming up with the same answer - nope, not for me. I don't really know why, doesn't really creep me out (& yeah, Hanson-Roberts does have its dark side, people) but I think it's because the images remind me of insectoids from alpha-centauri.

canid

entropy said:
It is the first deck I really felt like I could read intuitively off of, so it's generally my first choice for a reading...

I really think that's great! I mean, I rarely see the deck for trade here & I know lots of people love it. After all, if everyone were the same, it would be an awfully boring planet, eh?

Morgane_49

I think it's an amazing deck, and my husband absolutely loves it. It was definitely one of those whole "new level" decks for him.

I also find it to be a great intuitive deck.

I don't see it as being dark at all. I see it as having the depth that I find so necessary in connecting with a deck.

And I absolutely love the art work!

(Can you tell that I will be buying my own soon?)

Sulis

I was really looking forward to this deck but when I got it I didn't really like it at all. I admire the artwork but I think that the lack of people in it gave it a dead feeling. It just felt very flat to me so I traded it away and didn't even try to read with it.

Abrac

I can't believe anyone would think the Deviant Moon is creepy. :laugh: To me it seems cute in a way. Now the Sinister, that's a little creepy. I guess it just depends on you level of sensitivity. :)