Which deck?

3ill.yazi

I was doing some cleaning today and found this deck which for the life of me can't recall buying.

Photo%20Mar%2002%2C%203%2018%2033%20PM.jpg

tarot heart

That's the Jonathan Dee Tarot! A fabulous little gem - the King Cups is a portrait of Queen Elizabeth the first.

<stands back and waits for Le Fanu to start bagging it>

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/jonathan-dee/

It is fabulous, Nisaba! I have two of these decks...one I trimmed and the other not. I love the lines on these images and the colorwork is really, really nice. All in all a must have deck. I purchased mine in a lovely large embossed tin with book and deck. It's just a lively deck. Love it!

nisaba

Damn! Mine wasn't in a tin! I'd *love* a tinned version - wanna swap?

3ill.yazi

Thanks! I must have bought it at a tag sale with something else before my interest in Tarot resurfaced. I figured it was originally part of a kit, because it came in an unmarked box with no LWB.

nisaba

Mine didn't come as a kit, just the deck, in a very pretty box decorated in the style of the Minor Arcana cards. :)

Marirowana

Kit

I figured it was originally part of a kit, because it came in an unmarked box with no LWB.

Yes mine came with a kit for starters, it took me a while to find out it was the Jonathan Dee as well, because his name was not mentioned anywhere! Really strange mh?

Le Fanu

This must be the deck with the biggest print run of all time. There is no escaping it.

Wherever you are in the world, you may not know it, but - like rats - you're never more than 2 metres away from a Jonathan Dee Tarot deck.

3ill.yazi

What I find funny is I completely forgot I had it. I've had my RWS for over 30 years, and didn't use it for some 25, but I could tell you where it was. Now I'm suddenly all into tarot again and I basically stumble over this deck in a junk drawer.

I think it was thrown in with a set of dominoes or a book that I had my eye on at a tag sale, and they were doing a three things for a buck or something like that and it got thrown in.

Now that I've been thinking about it, I think I had the book it came with, but I think I tossed it because I wasn't about acquiring all things tarot at the time and it looked inferior to the books on tarot and the occult I already had.

The deck isn't exactly my taste what with the neo grungy woodcut look of circa 1990s design, but it feels nice if light stock, and I can now appreciate the Marseilles with some RWS hints look of it, so I'll give it a shot.

nisaba

This must be the deck with the biggest print run of all time. There is no escaping it.

Wherever you are in the world, you may not know it, but - like rats - you're never more than 2 metres away from a Jonathan Dee Tarot deck.

Oh, come on! I'd ask "Is that the best you can do?" if I hadn't seen you do better.