Decks with non-traditional imagery that still give a sense of RWS meanings

2_Journey

The decks I seem drawn to are decks with non-traditional imagery that still give a sense of the RWS meanings. The best (but possibly dated) example I can think of is the Fey Tarot, which was readable for me right out of the box.

I've been away from tarot (and AT) for a few years, so my familiarity with what's available is limited. Are there other decks that have the same feel and readability right out of the box, but using non-traditional, non-RWS imagery?

After a quick brows, the Wild Unknown and the Chrysalis look promising. Are there any others I haven't found yet?

Le Fanu

Yes - the Wild Unknown! That's the one which will get the votes. Just watch...

Linfang

Still I'd like to add the Tarot if the Hidden Realm. Though it mostly depicts faces it still conveys the RWS meanings very well I think.

Le Fanu

Yes - good one - Tarot of the Hidden Realm - manages to do RWS in quite a unique way. You really have to know you RWS to get the *feel*

2_Journey

Tarot of the Hidden Realm looks good too, in a very different RWS 'feel' sort of way than the Wild Unknown. I also stumbled upon the Fairy Lights Tarot, which looks like it might also fit the bill. Any thoughts on that deck?

As an added complication, I (American) live in Africa, but a friend is visiting me from the States in a week and is bringing me a care package of American goodies. He leaves on Saturday, so while an order from Amazon would definitely arrive at his house in time, I'm not sure what the turnaround time for the Wild Unknown is. I could always order a deck or two off Amazon, and then wait to buy myself the Wild Unknown when I'm home for Christmas.

Owl Song

Adding a few more RWS based decks that are readable right out of the box, especially if you know RWS.

Steampunk Tarot (Barbara Moore)
Druidcraft Tarot
Black Cats Tarot
Fenestra Tarot
Deviant Moon Tarot
Crystal Visions Tarot
Paulina Tarot
Joie de vivre Tarot
Gaian Tarot
Revelations Tarot
World Spirit Tarot
Tarot Illuminati
Tarot of the Sweet Twilight

And I love Tarot of the Hidden Realm, which was already mentioned. Wonderful RWS clone that is true to its predecessor, highly readable, and still has new things to say.

I'm also a big fan of the Steampunk, World Spirit Tarot, and the Deviant Moon.

Celtictarot

Goddess Tarot by Kris Waldherr. Based on the RWS system. I still think to the cards when using other decks.

2_Journey

Thanks for the suggestions! AJ, I love the iTongo tarot. I'll have to look into it in more detail, but definitely loving that it's an African tarot produced in Africa.

Starlily, I also love the Tarot of Sweet Twilight. Such a weird, quirky looking deck.

Celtictarot, I had the Goddess Tarot way back in my tarot journey, and it may still be in storage in the basement of my parents house. Such a gentle, feminine deck, but for now I'm looking for a deck I don't already have associations with.

So far, I'm loving the Wild Unknown, Fairy Lights, Hidden Realm, and Sweet Twilight. So many choices! I love it :p

Celtictarot

Oh the Mystic Faerie, the suits each have a story which is around the RWS.