Any Bizzarro fanciers out there?

.traveller.

I had been stalking this deck on and off for several months but just couldn't decide whether I really wanted it when the Mouthpiece of Ooolatek recommended it to me. Figuring it was fate (sounds better than mere enabling), I bought a copy. There have been a few posts here and there on this deck, but apparently this is a deck that is oft overlooked.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=15435&highlight=Il+Tarocco+Bizzarro

They are a nice size and the stock is similar to a poker deck, very flexible and easy to shuffle. The LWB (which is actually yellow) has a humorous approach to the majors, with keywords for the minors. So far, these cards have been a breeze to read and deep. I am thinking about offering a few readings on the forum with this deck to see how they do. Have you read with this deck?

WolfSpirit

Is the LWB in English ? I ordered my copy through the French amazon (seemed cheapest for shipping, as I was ordering other things as well) and I wonder if I will get it with a French LWB.
It would be a pity if I missed out on the humour because I have difficulty with the language.
Wish I had my copy already *over to the amazon site to check when my package will be shipped*

.traveller.

My copy is bilingual, Italian and English. If your copy isn't in English then I can copy the translation from mine for you.

WolfSpirit

I just got my copy ! My LWB is in Italian and English too. But thanks for the offer anyway :D
So far only had a quick look through the cards but I like what I see.

Umbrae

.traveller. said:
...just couldn't decide whether I really wanted it when the Mouthpiece of Ooolatek recommended it to me. Figuring it was fate (sounds better than mere enabling), I bought a copy. There have been a few posts here and there on this deck, but apparently this is a deck that is oft overlooked.

I think it's very overlooked. The treatment of the minors is lovely, and quite different from TdM, I think they're far more expressive.

As to the courts and the Majors, I think it's a great reading deck...

And yes...overlooked.

.traveller.

Yes, expressive is an apt description for these cards. The courts are very well done, the Batons in particular make me smile. I ponder over the bugs quite a bit, the style reminds me of something that I can't quite put my finger on. I feel I should recognise them and know them. I adore how the array of the Five of Swords forms a keyhole...

Scion

A fantastic deck!

Fantastic courts and loads of quirky humor throughout. One of my favorite nonscenic-minor Tarots.

Papageno

it's a brilliant deck

Flavio

Recently I got my copy of this deck, I bought it because my recent obsession with Marseilles style decks, anyway just last weekend opened it and watched at the cards, I really liked it and think is very "readable"

At this moment I'm looking for scans of the Piedmontese Tarot to see how many things changed in the Bizzarro. I was very surprised to find this thread as most other threads about this deck come from 2002 and 03.