Opinion: best deck for kids?

0_seeker

Fudugazi said:
I don't see the problem with nudity in decks for children. Nudity is not perverse or obscene, it's natural and beautiful. Keeping nudity away from them just reinforces the totally twisted view that some societies have about nudity.

FWIW, I'd have little to no problem giving my niece a deck with some nude cards in it; the concern was more about the adults who would be present at the giving. ;) The last thing I want to be is that guy.

LillyCat

When I said 'check the Lovers card first' it was simply to see whether the adult giving it approved of the cards that were going to be presented to their children. What is acceptable to me might not be acceptable to others and I have been caught out that way before so nowadays I always get the parent/guardian to make a decision before the item is presented to the child. Also, sometimes people get on their high horses because I don't have children (yet) they seem to think I have no idea what might or might not be reasonable to give a child. Whilst I would never pretend to know what actually having a kid is like, I do like to think I have at least some ideas on what is and is not pertinent to give to a child.

If you're wondering what the situation I was caught out in was - I gave a children's version of the book 'Alice in Wonderland' once and was told off for presenting something that involved pyschedelic drugs, violence (Queen of Hearts) and general non-constructive nonsense to a child. Whatever. After this I was very careful about checking with the parents first...

Nininka

african tarot

I think African Tarot is also suitable for kids
Kat

Sar

Whimsical tarot is great, I use it myself.