The Process by Dan Pelletier 6 Audio CD's

Onyx

sourcerer said:
The MP3 version disappeared from the site....have I missed something? I've been holding off on this one for a while - not because I don't plan on buying it (heck, I am sure I will) but because I have some Ruth-Ann and Wald to listen to first...and want to prevent myself from losing focus.

Just went to check the site again...anticipation is fun :eek:)....but it was gone?
Eep!

Kaj

Go to the Tarot Garden they still have copies of the MP3 while showing the CD's are now back ordered.

http://www.tarotgarden.com/boutique/onlinecatalog.php?view_title=process

KarlThomas

Bought one yesterday, they shipped same day.

Grizabella

OK back to the critique of The Process, which is what I think this thread is about, right?

I wish the course on rose care and feeding wasn't in the mix. I found it very distracting and I think the time spent on that could have been spent on more about Tarot. I'm sure it was supposed to contain secret tidbits that apply to Tarot but I didn't decipher what they'd be. Maybe as I go over and over and over hearing the CD's I'll figure it out, but first time through, they're annoying to me.

Am I right that the side stuff about roses has some pertinence to the study and reading of Tarot?

Other than that, though, I love what's there about Tarot and I enjoy hearing Umbrae's voice again. Makes me feel like I'm back at that delightful dinner we had when he was passing through Cottage Grove several weeks ago. :)

Coming back to add that I didn't notice there being a bunch of rants there. He's passionate about the fact that Tarot is not about us, the reader, it's about the sitter. And that's a point that really does need emphasized, in my opinion. But I don't hear anything I'd call a rant.

KarlThomas

Me neither. No rants that I can pick up. I'm on my first listen, and from what I can see, the rose gardening bits are metaphor. The first one being the obvious "wax on wax off" lesson, where he states that the lessons have already begun, and makes the delightful invitation to the student to return when they are ready.

My immediate instinct is the metaphors relate to the subject at hand: I know I've found further examples, but failed to jot them down. I'll explore more on this as I listen.

This is a potent cd, and very liberating. I actually took the bit in my mouth and wrote the essay. Anyone else do it?

Grizabella

Well, I recognized the rose part as a metaphor, but how it connects to Tarot is what mostly escaped me. I'll make notes the next time through and then I'll probably get it. I'm pretty dense sometimes---especially if something is simple. Anything simple I tend to make harder than it is.

It didn't help any that I was trying to do a dozen things all at once during the time I started listening to the CD's. It was right before Christmas, with all the excitement and to-do associated with the holidays.

KarlThomas

Don't worry, it starts direct but then seems to go pretty far out there. May take some genuine brain to reveal.

mac22

Grizabella said:
It didn't help any that I was trying to do a dozen things all at once during the time I started listening to the CD's. It was right before Christmas, with all the excitement and to-do associated with the holidays.

I'd suggest less multitasking when listening to Dan's course. :D If you let Dan guide you rather than try and skim what you "think" is there..... You'll find things you never saw/thought of before.

One Rose metaphor ... is sub rosa or "things that are secret."

Mac22

Grizabella

Yeah, no need to tell me about the joys of multi-tasking. I've always got about 10 things going. :rolleyes: Oh well, only a few more years till this second crop of kids is raised and then I'll wish I had these busy days back again, I'm sure. The silence will be deafening.

mac22

Grizabella said:
Yeah, no need to tell me about the joys of multi-tasking. I've always got about 10 things going. :rolleyes: Oh well, only a few more years till this second crop of kids is raised and then I'll wish I had these busy days back again, I'm sure. The silence will be deafening.

I found that Dan's course has some subtle things that take time to mature just like his roses....

Mac22