The Process by Dan Pelletier 6 Audio CD's

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Let's keep comments related to The Process and let's not make comments, either directly or indirectly, about other members.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Tarot Books & Media

Baroli

And the boring music is used to divide the book into 4 parts. Winter, spring, summer, fall. Cabin Fever is the name of the piece and since this isn't a music forum I can't go into the music theory and composition of it. But it is an appropriate piece of music, like Tarot deceptively simple, yet very intricate once you get into it.

mac22

Baroli said:
And the boring music is used to divide the book into 4 parts. Winter, spring, summer, fall. Cabin Fever is the name of the piece and since this isn't a music forum I can't go into the music theory and composition of it. But it is an appropriate piece of music, like Tarot deceptively simple, yet very intricate once you get into it.

I find there are there are many layers to Dan's book -- It's why I find it such a useful tool.

Mac22

jackdaw*

Adding my name to the list of people that WANNA BOOK. Not because of the hearing thing (although that can be a problem too at times), but because there is no way I'm paying - what? $45, $60 USD? - for something I have a feeling I will get $20 or $25 out of.

Lewen

gregory said:
WANNA BOOK. :mad:

And before that Dan guy says learn to listen - I AM DEAF, OK ? I cannot use an MP3 player with my aids, and I miss heaps of stuff in movies because my discrimination of words is such crap. (I now seek out foreign movies with subtitles !!! Seriously.)

Now gimme a book. (I SPECIALLY want the knife throwing bit....)

I can relate to this Gregory as you and I have chatted briefly about deafness. I would so love to get this series, but unless I pay someone to listen to this series and then type it in transcription, I would have paid TWICE for the same book (and I'm sure there are copyright issues) so I'll sadly have to give up this opportunity to be able to "hear" the CD's. I understand the reasoning behind it and will have to content myself with the Process threads (which have given me things to think about in the past).

Being deaf sucks sometimes, but the silver lining, (I guess for me) is that I saved some money. Perhaps I should console myself with a new deck? :D

I did enjoy reading this thread, although I happened upon it rather late in the game and enjoyed reading the pro's and con's of this series. I'll keep an eye on it to see if anyone else posts a review or their thoughts on this.

ann823

Would any of the speech to text sofware available be helpful? I know that kind of thing isn't as easy as it sounds but might be worth a try, and ther is some share ware/freeware around.
Ann

Greg Stanton

I myself am an avid reader. I never listened to an audio book before, and I had no plans to do so. However, after reading all the great reviews here on Aeclectic, I took the plunge and bought a copy. It was worth every penny.

The Process isn't structured like a book. It was designed to be heard. I don't believe there are plans to turn it into a book any time soon, if at all, and doing so would definitely require extensive reworking.

If you are hesitant, add my voice to the others that recommend this AUDIO book. In spite of being in a format that is unfamiliar to you, you won't be sorry.

Lewen

ann823 said:
Would any of the speech to text sofware available be helpful? I know that kind of thing isn't as easy as it sounds but might be worth a try, and ther is some share ware/freeware around.
Ann

If it's anything like the way some closed captioning on the t.v. doesn't really follow the spoken word, no go.

Oh well, not everything can please everyone.

Enjoy the CD's/MP3's everyone! :)

I'm still interested in reading the reviews!

mac22

Greg Stanton said:
I myself am an avid reader. I never listened to an audio book before, and I had no plans to do so. However, after reading all the great reviews here on Aeclectic, I took the plunge and bought a copy. It was worth every penny.

The Process isn't structured like a book. It was designed to be heard. I don't believe there are plans to turn it into a book any time soon, if at all, and doing so would definitely require extensive reworking.

If you are hesitant, add my voice to the others that recommend this AUDIO book. In spite of being in a format that is unfamiliar to you, you won't be sorry.

I completely agree! I am a voracious reader....I read 12-15 books a month. I usually DON'T listen to audio books a) they are usually abridged or redacted b) poor audio quality c) they have no resale value.

I talked to Dan several times as he was finishing The Process - I was greatly intrigued. I KNEW that this was not gonna be just another boring audio book The Process was gonna be like it's author quite interesting & unique! I was quite right :)

I've listened to the whole thing 6-7 times and I'm still adding to the journal I started. It continues to be a great purchase.

ETA - the audio quality of The Process is excellent and the packaging professional. As for resale value -- My copy is NOT for sale -- buy your own :D

Mac22