The Transparent Tarot

Sidhe-Ra

Chronata said:
This is brilliant Em!

A long time ago, I had a similar idea...tarot images on acetate that can be layered...

but mine were cutouts of RWS shapes...meant to be layered on other cards in that deck. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=15748

Your idea is much much better! More efficiant...and looks beautiful, as well!

well done!

There is a playing card game out there where you are meant to layer multiple cards too...but again, I think...the tarot idea is far more intriguing!

Can't wait to see more!

Yes, it looks like we had the same bolt of inspiration! did you try it out? If so, did it work well?

Em xxx

jackdaw*

God, has the lineup started already? Fine, I want the third copy ;)

Sidhe-Ra

Actually, it would be good to know how many copies I should limit the edition to, so you're not jumping the gun! Thank you everyone so much- I am struggling to keep up with comments already! :)

Blessings,

Em xxx

Chronata

Sidhe-Ra said:
Yes, it looks like we had the same bolt of inspiration! did you try it out? If so, did it work well?

Em xxx

Oh...I thought I had the photos on that thread (man...that was ages ago now!)

well...it worked ok...I only made five cards (fool, empress, emperor, magician, lovers) and used them for a little while.
They worked better when I used them with a different deck, though

I think your idea has a lot more uses!

I can see layering your cards together,with other decks (especially the Sidhe!) or just holding them up to whatever is in front of you...a window veiw that suddenly makes even the most mundane objects seem archetypical and sacred!

Sidhe-Ra

Thanks!

The Sidhe is a bit busy to work this way- but I have printed the four aces to put in windows in the four quarters! Great minds think alike, eh? ;)

Em xxx

temperlyne

Oh my! this is indeed a brilliant concept and the excecution is wonderful!
I just got over the shock of seeing your finished tarot of the Sidhe and allready you're working on a second, even more unique deck! I love the simple and effective images you have shown so far and the combinations look very natural and easy to read. This deck could be perfect learning tool for beginning readers, helping them to see what a combination of cards can culminate into. And ofcourse a study tool for those looking for new ways to see familliar images.
It's simply genious!

YDM42

I would certainly be intrested in a deck.

Granville

Ok....at first I could not conceive how this might work, but those scans are very impressive. I want to be fourth on the pre-order list. This is sure to be a must have.

Great concept and execution so far!

Sidhe-Ra

Aw, thank you all so much!

I have all the images in my head ready, so the completed deck is just a few months of hand cramp away. I've printed those four onto acetate, and they work really well- tomorrow, I get to play with my friend's laminator- (who got very confused by the idea of laminating acetate!)

Blessings,

Em xxx

Little Hare

this is really really AMAZING!!!! i could see a publishing company wanting to print these for you :D these cards speak volumes and have so much depth. from what i have seen of the majors they look like they would be fab cards to have in a therapy based practice :D

am keeping my eye on this thread!