What Faeries live in your home?

Alissa

Melissa` said:
Ever seen a kitten wake up from a sleep, startled.. then chase something unseen until it runs head first into a wall to a dead stop? Its funny, but poor poor kitty..
Oh, that sounds like a fairy alright.

I'm a sicko, I thought that was really funny!

But so are the faeries, since they surely thought it was hilarious, or they wouldn't have taunted your furry one so.

Lately, I know this is going to sound absolutely crazy, but lately when I walk into my craft room (where the majority of my fae hang out), I can smell... strange food smells. Like something yum is being cooked, but I can just barely smell it. And the food like smells aren't foods I can guess the smell of (oh that's an orange, mmm that smells like roast beef). Its more like...mmm, what's the smell? I wanna bite....

I walked in to start some laundry one day and I felt they were having a feast. The scent had appeared in the room for the first time that day (it was about mid day then) and I said to them, "Smells delicious!"

I, of course, know better than to ask for a bite. We all know what happens to mortals who eat Fae cuisine.... })

Melissa`

Alissa said:
I'm a sicko, I thought that was really funny!

LOL.. you're not a sicko.. it is rather funny.

hang out), I can smell... strange food smells. Like something yum is being cooked, but I can just barely smell it. And the food like smells aren't foods I can guess the smell of (oh that's an orange, mmm that smells like roast beef). Its more like...mmm, what's the smell? I wanna bite....

When I read this, it really reminded me of the movie Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory when they were licking the wallpaper.. :D

Chronata

Oh my this thread is so much fun!

There are quite a lot of fae buzzing around my apartment.

Of course there are the brownies...or home gnomes,who borrow things just when you were looking for them!

There are many of them in my parent's house. And anytime we look for something...that up until a day ago was sitting right there in plain sight....and has now disappeared...my mom and I will just both look at each other and say "yep, Brownies again"

They often return things within a few days when we no longer need them.

And they have moved into my apartment as well. And they like to play the game called "This was there...and now it's here!"

And like most, we have the dreaded sock goblins (or sock monsters) who eat the socks and spit out a lot of lint when they are done. There is usually enough lint in the lint trap of the dryer to make a whole new sock. He likes to eat two or three at a time, but never from the same pair.

We also have the sparklies...the fae that like to take jewelry..(.especially the one earring from a pair)...but my sparklies will leave things in exchange....
Like bits of tinfoil, sparkly rhinestones, random beads and tons of flat marbles...will end up in the most bizarre of places! (like in the couch cussions, and under the bathroom sink!)

Right now, I am dealing with the clutter faeries...or what I like to call...the Materializers.
I am trying to reorganize my studio space, and have new shelves so that all my art supplies will have a place to live. But while I am moving around furniture and such, I keep uncovering more and more stuff! Stuff that could NEVER fit in the little spaces behind shelves and under tables!
But here it is! I hauled 11 bins full of stuff that was all in ONE corner of the room!
The Materializers must have put this stuff there...because I have no idea that I even had most of it!

And our computer has Daemons in the hardrive. We thought they might be just mischievious little faeries...but we have discovered that they are in fact dark Daemons.
We tried to get an exorcist to come and drive them out of the computer, but it didn't work...they just blew up the motherboard, and laughed manically.
When we got a new one, we decided we needed a Cabalist Techane Sorcerer to bind the deamons away, and make them work for us.
They still occasionally get out of thier protective circle.
Often when my husband tries to "fix" something that isn't broken...in order to make the computer "faster".
And then we are in real trouble for abpout a week, until we can get the daemons under control.

ScarabFlight

I'm not sure if this counts as living in my home, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread in case it did. :) Sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I had a job interview the other day and when I got out of the interview and ready to get into the car, it wouldn't open. It was my husbands car and it has a remote on it. I could not get it to work for anything! Sooooo, I had to open the car with the key which sets off the alarm. Nice first impression at an interview. lol Then I had to sit in the hot car for thirty minutes waiting for the anti-theft sytem to recyle (the car will not start until it resets AFTER the 30 min.!).

I'm sure the faeries had a great laugh at me circling the car while aiming the remote it with both hands trying to open the darn locks and then even louder when the alarm was going off!! I'm still new to the faeries or I might have thought to ask for their help in opening the door in the first place! (I got the job by the way)

It was a good thing that I had drawn the Singer of Initiation for the day. "This is only a test,"was the thought that kept going through my mind.

Also last night I had the most vivid image of a small faery sleeping with me on my pillow, it was so vivid that I moved over to one side of the pillow and fluffed all my hair out so they could cover up with it. I could have sworn I heard gurgles and clicks of contentment!!! lol

Dexter

I'm not sure what faeries are here yet. I'm new with working with my deck but I'm sure there's some around but usually only when I'm alone and not going to be disturbed. Like when I'm taking a bath. My cat always comes in to keep me company and lately he's been watching things moving in the air. You know he sees something because of the way he follows it with his eyes and head movements. He has also batted at the air with his paws. I keep thinking " What is it he sees?". It's guite fun. Also he not a young cat and not easily amused, he can be quite distainful so it's guite nice to see him acting so playful.

Dexter

diane drizzy

Well living in a high rise we have:

The elevator faeries-These guys rule our lives. They like to put in
glitches and hold one hostage each day.
The radiator faeries-They especially drive my husband crazy. When I check the heat they are happy to see me,not him.
And last but not least
The cold Water Faeries-They are especially hateful guys and do their worst while I'm in the shower.

After the fact I can laugh along with them, but they can be an endurance test!

lark

One faerie that lives in my house is the 2:00 Nap Faerie.
He come in and sprinkles sleepy dust on me at around 2 o'clock in the afternoon everyday.
He's afraid of tea kettle whistles so the only thing that gets rid of him is putting the water on for a good strong cup of coffee.

Simone

Oooooh, I have only just discovered this thread - where have I been???

I do have a very nice fearie in my home, it lives in the wind-chime a friend offered me. When I ring it softly, it plays some notes and stops. After a few moments, the fearie seems to ring it again, exactly the same notes appear, but a bit softer still. I take this as an answer...

And then, when i have to sneeze, the chime sounds too, very very softly, and i imagine it's "my" fearie telling me "god bless you" :D - Thank you, my dear! (and I do not even own the Oracle, but I have a book about fearies)

Love
Simone

PS - oh and I never realised there is a "cold water fearie", but I must have one of those too in my bathroom :laugh:

TemperanceAngel

I thought you all may enjoy this, my Nutrition 1 lecturer was discussing vitamins with us yesterday. He has a very dry sense of humour and I think sometimes the class doesn't know if he is serious or not!

He was telling us about the different kinds of vitamins, as in where and how they are made: natural, synthetic etc.

When he was talking about the ones made in the factory he said:

"Well, the thing about those ones is the faeries don't dance around them, you know what I mean?"

Obviously not! The class was silent, LOL ;) I giggled to myself...

XTAX

sagitarian

TemperanceAngel said:
I thought you all may enjoy this, my Nutrition 1 lecturer was discussing vitamins with us yesterday. He has a very dry sense of humour and I think sometimes the class doesn't know if he is serious or not!

He was telling us about the different kinds of vitamins, as in where and how they are made: natural, synthetic etc.

When he was talking about the ones made in the factory he said:

"Well, the thing about those ones is the faeries don't dance around them, you know what I mean?"

Obviously not! The class was silent, LOL ;) I giggled to myself...

XTAX

I woulda been on the floor laughing! Thank you so much for sharing this, as i am laughing so hard right now. Too funny!