Thunder Bay Press Conver Tarot de Marseille - now available in Canada

Sparrow

From what I can see, this Marseilles is not a replica of the Conver?

Emily

Back to the book of this set - its no good at all for the Marseille but for a Rider Waite user its a good addition to the library. :) I like the way this Conver deck is coloured and for a very cheap price also had a book that is useable to me. :)

Shalott

Well, per Rusty (whose encyclopedic knowledge I trust!) it's photoreproduction of the Camoin Bicentennial reprint of the Conver, but it uses a later color scheme, which I read very recently on the camoin.com website isn't accurate (1880 colors) with the original. I do find it aesthetically pleasing, but for a new-looking deck with closer-to-original colors, the 1998 Camoin/Jodo deck is more what the 1760 Conver had goin' on. So the line drawings are original Conver, but the colors are what the same company was using in 1880.

BTW - the book does appear to have some interesting info, although as far as increasing one's knowledge of how to read Marseille, it's not a good match for the deck. (Like in revolutionary France, "Valets" became "Egalite" - that's cool trivia, but not much help when interpreting a spread LOL!)

KiNoRonin

Konnichi Wa to All:

I should have just plugged "Marseilles" in the message board search engine and then hit Search.

Then I would have been put onto this thread dealing with the "Marseilles" Deck.

Cie la Vie, eh?

Ki No Ronin

Emeraldgirl

Another one for the wish list *sigh* going to go so broke soon :)