Anna K Lenormand

Village Witch

From Anna's website concerning the Anna K Lenormand...

"...I estimate it will be some time between July and September 2017."

greatdane

I am not counting on that, VW Would love it but...

I mean I think it would be great, but it's almost July now and I know there is more to do and she is up to the mercy of the printer's and their schedule, as she will self publish. So I don't even think dates.

With that said, OF COURSE I WOULD BE THRILLED IF it can happen! I just am not counting on it. I would rather be pleasantly surprised if, indeed, it IS finished by Sept. :)
I am sure Anna would too, but note that is just an "estimate."

The start date of this thread is now over three years old. So when things come up in her life, Anna has to stop.

Once she tells me the lwb is ready to go and the images are at the printers, THEN I will start to get more anxious :) Many her details will give me more soon to confirm that. I was so excited when she did her last self published tarot and then the deck had to go back to the printers as she wasn't happy and she insists on great quality.

So NOW....I try not to think about too much as things can get held up. But fingers crossed....we have sometime in the Fall!

Village Witch

I certainly understand being a perfectionist about one's product.

It will be ready when it's ready. <3

greatdane

And it will be worth the wait, I'm sure, VW :)

I AM excited it is certainly getting close. I just know Anna insists on quality and she has sent things back to the printer in the past, which held things up.

BUT YES, YAAAAY! After waiting THREE YEARS, within the very foreseeable future, we should be able to read with our new....ANNA. K Lenormands :) Happy Dance

greatdane

I WILL LET ANNA know about AT's closure

I am sure the deck will not be available in the next couple weeks, so I won't be able to continue to post here, but I will post any news I have from Anna til then and I will just say keep checking her site for updates.

I am sad we will not have the opportunity to get her deck AND discuss it here when it's out.

greatdane

LATEST FROM ANNA....and I emd her back re AT CLOSING

Dear folks,

things are moving along - slowly but they are moving. I'm almost ready to finalize things with the printers but now my contact person is on holiday. BUT:

I have decided on the size of the cards. It took me a while but since I want the cards to be good to use for Grand Tableaus, too, not just smaller spreads, they couldn't be too big.

So they'll be Skat card format: 59mm x 91mm.

The card stock will be the same as for my Tarot cards, matte varnish (no plastic lamination); paper 350g/m2 - so they'll be pretty sturdy.

As for the box, that's what I haven't quite been able to decide yet. I could do a more compact box but then the booklet would have to be separate. Or, I could use the exact same box format as with my Tarot deck, unnecessarily spacious but the LWB would fit in the box together with the cards. For this latter option I haven't got the quote from the printers yet. But it is very likely the one I will pick. As soon as I've decided I can start designing - and I'll post the design online.

For those of you who are interested, I have also uploaded my design for the cards' back - I might still change some details slightly, but the overall design will be this one (it's taken from the Stars card): http://annak-tarot.at/lenormand/000_back_e.html

The next step will be for me to finalize my decision on the box - and then to sign the contract. After that, I will get sent a first sample print so I can make adjustments to the colour balance, saturation and contrast of the cards where needed.

We're still looking at a printing date some time in September. I'll keep you up-to-date!
Warmest wishes,
Anna

MoonGypsy

I am sure the deck will not be available in the next couple weeks, so I won't be able to continue to post here, but I will post any news I have from Anna til then and I will just say keep checking her site for updates.

I am sad we will not have the opportunity to get her deck AND discuss it here when it's out.

Thanks so much, gd...xoxox

greatdane

My pleasure, MoonGypsy

I just wish I could have continued to update this thread here on AT as it has been going for...well, look at the date of my first post for this thread!

I never imagined I wouldn't be able to post when it was finally available. BUT I will keep updating in The Cartomancy Forum til we can order it!

greatdane

LATEST FROM ANNA - already posted in Cartomancy

I let Anna know about the BIG CHANGE and got this:
.........................................................................................................................
You can post that I said that I will of course continue to up-date you personally, so you'll continue posting all relevant news just as before everyone moved!

So, I will be on holiday from tomorrow until the end of next week. I'll probably send you another update soon after that, as I should have decided on the box and maybe I'll even be able to post the box's design. I guess that's not so relevant for people, but it's still something to look at!
.........................................................................................................................
I EMD ANNA BACK everything is relevant and I thought we like to hear all the details!

CharlotteK

I just wish I could have continued to update this thread here on AT as it has been going for...well, look at the date of my first post for this thread!

I never imagined I wouldn't be able to post when it was finally available. BUT I will keep updating in The Cartomancy Forum til we can order it!

If you get any chance at all, updates in one of the others (Tarot, Tea & Me?) would be massively welcomed, though understand cross posting across forums is a hassle :/