TdM Reading Circle ~ October 2014

dancing_moon

Dear TdM lovers,

The October TdM Circle exchange is here! :D This month, as usual, we have a suggested spread as well as a challenge (see below).

Partners list

seedcake & Sherryl - Complete! :royal:
FLizarraga & Madame Squee
celestial & porcupines - Complete! :royal:
Tarot Orat & mrpants - Complete! :royal:

Timeline:
- Sign-up is CLOSED
- Sign-up closes and reading partners to be assigned on: 9th October
- Reading and feedback to be completed by: 31st October

Spreads:
The suggested spread for this month, for those who would like to use it:

The Samhain Spreadhttp://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=69615

This is a relatively large spread (9 cards), which is in itself a challenge. :) However, it's neatly split into 3 triads, so you and your partner can agree on just one or two triads to read.

--------3---------6--------7
1--------------4-------------------9
--------2---------5--------8

1. Autumn Yield (what can be used)
2. Reserve stock (what can be put aside)
3. Winter ordeal (for what to prepare to)

4. Passage between the worlds (new paths & methods)
5. The gifts of Samhain (gifts of the new tide)
6. Misterious meeting (some unexpected encounters)

7. What to say goodbye to...
8. What to remember...
9. Results/conclusion

Author: Halina Bednenko (with the help of Anna Blaze)

You are also free to choose your own spreads, with a minimum of three cards. I'm leaving the links to the spreads from the last exchanges in here for reference - if you want to do the same spread please see with your reading partner which one you both like: Fibonacci spread (Posts 8 and 9), Compass spread (n/a), Tirage en Croix, Dynamic Hexagramme spread, Comte de Mellet spread, Chronata's spread

CHALLENGE!

This month, let's have a look at how different TdM decks speak to you. After laying out and interpreting the spread, pull out another historical/TdM deck, draw the same cards from it and see if the message is different or has nuances that you haven't noticed using the first deck. Is it harsher or softer? Is it clearer or more muddled? Are there any details missing from either reading?

It might be more fun if you use visually diverse decks, like pairing up a Visconti and a Noblet, or an ISIS and a Vieville. If you only have one TdM/historical deck, but would still like to do this challenge, try pairing it up with a non-historical Tarot deck, giving preference to decks with unillustrated/semi-illustrated Minors, and see the 'language' differences. Just remember that the basic reading is done with the first deck you choose, laying out the cards from the second deck are for the sake of comparison and study only.

Have fun experimenting! :D

Please make your feedback as detailed as possible so your reading partner can benefit from it. It is NOT about how you would read the cards your partner drew for you within your personal system of reading the Tarot de Marseille, but about how your partner read the cards for you within his/her system. So please let your partner know how well you could relate to the reading, if there are things you didn't understand ("How did you arrive at this interpretation?" etc), what was accurate and what wasn't.. Constructive criticism on things that didn't hit the mark are welcome, too! All in a friendly and respectful learning way of course!

Decks:
The TdM Exchange is a friendly and fun place to share and develop our reading skills with Tarot de Marseille decks, other historic decks with non-scenic pips and Tarot de Marseille inspired modern decks. If you aren't sure if you have a deck that is suited, just ask. If you decide to read with a deck that your sitter does not have, please post pictures of the cards you drew so everybody can follow.

Pips reading methods:
There are a lot of different reading methods of the Tarot de Marseille and especially the pips. These are all equally welcome and all ok. If you don't know where to start, check the forum index (especially the thread on "Reading Methods" - and don't be shy or scared by the non-scenic pips, just jump on right in!) In order to make this a fruitful learning experience for the reader, the sitter and everybody following the exchange, please take the time to explain what method you are using for the pips. Links to threads here on the forum explaining the method or single cards are most welcome.

Please share the process of your reading, not only the results. And please take the time and effort (as most people do anyway) to write more than a line on each card. Tell your partner what your interpretation is based on, what you saw, what brought you to the conclusions. The more detail, the more everybody will learn!

No-show/Problems:
If anybody has a problem completing their reading or feedback, please please please get in touch with your reading partner and myself. It's not nice to be left hanging in an exchange - and whoever is NOT completing an exchange he or she signed up for (and especially fails to communicate about it) will not be allowed to sign up again until it is completed - and in worst case even risks a three months ban from all reading exchanges.

If there should be any other problems, feel free to contact me and I will try to sort it out, with the help of a moderator if necessary.

(Of course the Reading Exchange Posting Guidelines apply for this exchange as well - and there are some good tips for feedback etc in that post!)

Wishing everyone a happy exchange! :party:

seedcake

I'd love to join. I'll use as a second deck, a non-historical one.

I'll see how reading pips goes thins time :)

FLizarraga

I'm in, DM! :D

Sherryl

Count me in! Thanks.

Madame Squee

Please sign me up. Thanks.

celestial

This is big spread for my limited TdM skills, but I'll give it a shot!

dancing_moon

Welcome everyone! :D

Celestial, you can always agree with your partner on a smaller spread or choose only 3 or 6 positions in the suggested spread. However, challenges help us grow. :D

Tarot Orat

Somewhat warily, I'm in! It looks fascinating but I may have to only do one or two of the sections...

dancing_moon

Welcome Tarot Orat! :D If your assigned partner will be OK with that, you can only do one section or two.

porcupines

Would love to join!! :)