The whole-of-life spread

nisaba

daphne said:
I use it quite often, more and more people asking me for readings do not really have a question in mind. It works well, cards make sense always.
Thank you.

daphne said:
Still, I have a problem regarding the positions 2 and 3 and their inter-play, ...
3 - outcome if nothing is done - (here is my resistance - this "nothing is done" cannot go with number 2) I feel it should be named in different way - for now I read position 3 as the follow up weather the advice in 2 in followed, so something IS done.
Okay, that could work.

daphne said:
But, for the future, I have more and more the feeling to change 2 with 3, in something like this:
1 - present situation
2 - things coming into play in immediate future, likely outcome if nothing is done
3 - advice to optimize, correct or alter the evolution described in 2, if wanted
And that could work, too. You're certainly very free to play around with my spreads and do what you need to do to become comfortable with them.

I think I put the "if nothing is done" oi there when I was writing it up on the spur of the moment, based on my own belief that having a Tarot reading is a bit like jumping into a river: if you do nothing, you WILL end up drifting downstream, but if you swim like hell, ie, do some work, you can change that outcome.

MandMaud

Of course it's colder in the river than sitting with a tarot reader.

Do you ever read across: 1-4-7-10 and so on?

I'll probably make the change Daphne suggests (swapping second and third rows) but will try out both ways a few times, may end up using both ways as and when. I do feel I'll use this one; looks good. :)

decan

I found that this "whole-of-life spread" is a very interesting spread!

nisaba

Do you ever read across: 1-4-7-10 and so on?
I've been known to do that just with the first row, to give me a clear idea where the client is at the time.

I've also been known to let my eyes glaze over, and just land where they will anywhere in the spread, to tell me which issue or area of their life is "hot" and needs most attention.

Grizabella

I'm a little bit confused about the description you've given. In one post you mention the "top row" being read but then in another post you mention only sometimes reading across the rows. Of course, I realize you probably end up reading in various directions during the course of a reading, but I'm confused on this point. Maybe it doesn't matter very much since we can always modify the spread to make it work for us.

I really like the spread no matter which way a reader would start out the reading. I'm going to give it a try.